Monday, November 7, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Nov 7

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.   

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.   

Welcome to the first Monday of November. Now, I like November, but for me it has always been the month with the holiday that we celebrate on the way to getting to the good one--Christmas. Being thankful is important, and I hope our family practices being thankful daily, but let's face it, how many people go around sharing the great Thanksgiving decorations they put up. Halloween has great decorations and so does Christmas, but who goes all out for Thanksgiving? 

Okay, enough silliness. I find when I am feeling overwhelmed, being silly gets me through it. How about you? What do you do to help relieve stress? 

The Lil' Princess celebrated a birthday over the weekend. We missed spending time with her, but we will see her around Thanksgiving. I'm not sure how we went so quickly from this...


to this...


but we can't stop the passage of time.

Other than that, real estate and editing are keeping me busy. I'm working on my 2023 business plan, editing two exciting projects, and focusing on ending the year strong. 

That has meant my reading time has shriveled up to almost nothing. Luckily, I'll spend some time in an airport this week while I fly to Orlando for the NAR NXT Conference. This is the second to the last traveling event for me while I am president of the RAPV. I haven't decided on what the next step in my leadership journey will be, but I have time to figure that out.

Last week on the blog featured a guest post from author Alan Kessler. You can read it here. I was supposed to post a review of this time travel novel, but haven't finished it yet. I posted a First Chapter Review, which you can read here. Look for my full review in the future.



I grabbed a copy of this fun children's picture book from NetGalley and posted a review at my children's book blog, which you can read here.



I am in the middle of reading this Sheila Roberts book for my review on November 17. 


My First Chapter Review of this Canadian historical novel will appear at the blog today.



I need to read this one next. 






Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

Nothing in my physical mailbox this week, but I grabbed two Kindle freebies that sounded amazing and used promotional credits to grab a cozy mystery set.




That is it from me this week. I will be around in the morning to visit blogs, but after that I am on appointments and won't check in with you until later in the evening. Hope you have a great week.

8 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Happy Birthday wishes to your daughter. My thanksgiving decor consists of an uncharted pumpkin on the front porch. I'm hoping to get Christmas lights on the shrubs before the freezing temps set in (we switch them on Thanksgiving night).

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I am intrigued by the Tiny House Cozy Mystery series.

I know that Thanksgiving doesn't have the decor or hype of Halloween or Christmas, but it is still my favorite. The food, the family gatherings...but all holidays are great.

Here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

Kathy Martin said...

Nice looking bunch of books. You sound like your work is keeping you very busy. Time sure does fly, doesn't it? Those pictures say so much. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Kathryn T said...

They do grow up so quickly and the years fly by. Thanksgiving is a beautiful concept, I wish we shared that celebration but we don't.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for visiting today, everyone. It was a more hectic day than I planned.

Mary, we replaced our bushes earlier this year, so they aren't large enough to put lights on. I am bummed.

Laurel, I am curious about that Tiny House set, too. Hopefully you get a chance to read it.

Kathy and Kathryn, time flies way too quickly.

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

Ooh, this cozy mystery set looks good! Enjoy all your new books

Unknown said...

I love the Thanksgiving holiday but am thankful year-round. I think lately when I am experiencing stress I go to bed a bit earlier and listen to a book.
I hope you have a good week and not too stressful.
Happy Reading! MarthaE

Savvy Verse & Wit said...

As I've gotten older I appreciate the ideas of Thanksgiving, but when I was younger it was all about the food. I hope you have a great week.