Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten+ Books I Loved So Much They Earned Space on My Bookshelves



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.    

Welcome back to another Top Ten Tuesday. This week's topic is "Books I Loved So Much I Had to Get a Copy for My Personal Library." I don't borrow a lot of books. I want to own them. Then I donate them to library books sales if I don't want to keep them. I also find that 15 years of blogging has led to me having so many books that I don't visit the library as often as I used to. Maybe once I retire I'll have more reading time and will borrow more books. 

All that to say that because I usually buy my books or get them through blogging, I need to be selective about what earns a spot on my bookshelves. I couldn't leave some of my favorites out, even though I don't mention some of my longtime favorites. So, here are the...

Top Ten+ Books I Loved So Much They Earned Space on My Bookshelves


I have kept every single book by Charlotte Hubbard/Naomi King that I've read. These are the books that got me into Amish fiction.


I totally loved this book. It's hard for me to dislike a Christmas story, but this one is special. 


I also keep all of my Duffy Brown books. Her cozies are so much fun.


Any book by Marilyn Meredith, AKA F.M. Meredith, stays on my bookshelf. 


On Strike for Christmas was the first book by Sheila Roberts that I read. I've kept every book since.


When I worked in book promotion, John Tippets was one of the authors I worked with. This is the story of his father's survival. It is an amazing story that I am honored to give space to on my shelves. 


The House on Tradd Street  might not be the first book of Karen White's that I read. It's been so long, I can't remember. But, this author's books adorn space on my shelves. 


What the Bishop Saw is definitely not the first book by Vannetta Chapman that I've read, but it is one of my favorite books of hers. I keep her books on my shelves as well.


Though I have not kept up with The Daughters of the Mayflower series, I have each of the books I've read and will add more to my shelves as I have time to read them.


The Santa Letters by Stacy Gooch-Anderson is one of the most touching stories of the Christmas season. The cover is so pretty that I often display this book around the holidays.


Kathi Macias was one of the first authors I worked with in book promotion. I have loved every book by her that I've read, and they hold a special spot on my bookshelf with other Christian materials. 


When I first embarked upon my writing career, I belonged to a forum with other writers. That is where I met Rhett Devane and how I wound up reading her books. That was around 2005, and I still have each one of them.

That rounds out this week's list. Have you read any of these? What are some authors who made your list?

6 comments:

Greg said...

I love that first Christmas book. Such a bright and cheery cover.

Lydia said...

The Santa Letters looks lovely.

My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-loved-so-much-i-had-to-get-a-copy-for-my-personal-library/

Susan said...

I like buying books, but I try not to buy TOO many since they're expensive and I already have tons of books (mostly thanks to blogging). It's hard to resist sometimes, though! Especially when bookstores have sales and when my library doesn't have a copy of a book I REALLY want to read. The struggle is real!

Happy TTT!

Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense said...

Blogging has definitely caused me to buy more books! But how am I to resist all these wonderful titles? Glad these were all worthy of shelf space.

Cheryl said...

Greg, that is one of my favorites.

Lydia, it is a wonderful book. Hope you get to read it.

Susan, I agree with you. That's why I limit myself so much these days.

Alicia, that is the challenge with blogging. And my Goodreads list keeps getting longer.

Thanks for visiting today, everyone!

Cindy said...

I enjoy Charlotte Hubble and Vannetta Chapman's books as well :) https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/09/top-ten-tuesday-buy-worthy-books.html