Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books from My TBR Pile That Make Me Think of Fall



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.    

Welcome back to Tuesday. This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is supposed to be the Top Ten Books on My Fall 2022 To-Read List, but as many of you know, I am not up to date on new releases often and my reading is on the slow side these days. That's why I opted to change how I approached this week's meme. Here are...

Top Ten Books from My TBR Pile That Make Me Think of Fall


I don't know much about this Harry Potter installment, but the colors of this cover alone make me think of the golden colors of fall. I pre-ordered this book and have yet to read it. 


The vibrant red-orange and golden browns of this cover make me think about fall. I've had this one since it first came out. I hope to get to it next year. 


Love the colors on this cover as well. Makes me think of the waning days of summer and early fall. I was so excited to read this book when it came out, but it is still in my pile. 


Harvest is definitely a fall event. When I was on Vannetta Chapman's street team, I received a copy of this book. I want to read it soon. 


This one shouldn't make me think of fall, except that White's stories--especially since this one spun off her Tradd Street series--has ghosts, which make me think of Halloween and fall. This was also a book I pre-ordered. Need to read it soon. 


I have to admit that the prairie usually makes me think of fall. Though summer prairies are pretty, I love the tall grasses turned brown that blow in the wind, the changing leaves, and how the animal world prepares for winter. 


In this installment of Marilyn Meredith's Deputy Tempe Crabtree series, Tempe uses Native American ways to call back the dead to solve a mystery. Even the colors on this cover make me think of fall. I've read many of these novels, but need to go back and read the earlier ones.



This is a suspense novel that I grabbed for free back in 2014 (just a few years ago). The new cover would eliminate it from my list, but this original cover makes me think of an early fall walk, maybe in October when the temperature has cooled down enough that you need a jacket, and you suddenly find yourself pursued by something unknown. The missing leaves increase the fall feeling. 



This book gives off more of a creepy vibe than a fall one, but it works because Halloween is coming. This is a collection of six supernatural stories. "Scarecrow Boy" and "The Three Dollar Corpse" are said to be among them. I grabbed this collection in 2011. 


Fall reminds me of school starting, so this one fit right in...well, except this novel starts in January with a new political administration starting. I downloaded this one to my device in 2013. There are now four books in the series. Maybe I should catch up.

These are not in my TBR pile, but they are great fall choices. 














Hope you enjoyed my list. Have you read any of these? Are there any recommendations you could make for a great fall read?

12 comments:

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

I disliked The Cursed Child. First I don't like reading plays. Secondly I didn't think it was up to the HP standards. What do you think of it.

Rae | HerSerialLife.com said...

Great list of interesting books to read, I can see why they make you think of Fall.
Here is my TTT: https://herseriallife.com/top-10-books-on-my-fall-2022-to-read-list/
Have a great week 🙂

iloveheartlandX said...

Definitely some very autumnal feeling covers here!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/09/20/top-ten-tuesday-386/

Lydia said...

Prairie Fires looks like a good read. Enjoy.

My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-on-my-fall-2022-to-read-list/

Emily said...

A great list. I definitely get Halloween, Autumn/Fall vibes. I enjoyed Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. It was interesting reading it as it is in script form.

Have a great week!

Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
My post:
https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/09/20/top-ten-tuesday-books-on-my-autumn-fall-2022-to-read-list/

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

Finding Dorothy is on my list, and Murder Freshly Baked sounds delicious! (I know, I know. Punny!) Happy reading!

Come see my Top Ten!

Poinsettia said...

These covers definitely have Fall vibes! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

Pam said...

These covers definitely offer fall vibes!

Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
https://readbakecreate.com/autumn-2022-tbr-10-books-i-hope-to-read/

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

So many fall vibes! Fall is my favorite season, so I have a lot of autumn-looking books on my shelf.

Lark said...

Love that you went with books that make you think of fall. All those witchy reads at the end look especially fun. :)

Cheryl said...

I haven't read a play in a while, Anne. I'm not sure how I'll feel about it. Hopefully, it holds my interest.

Thanks, Rae, iloveheartlandX, Poinsettia, and Pam. Autumn is a fun time. Aj, fall is my favorite season as well.

Lydia, I have high hopes for Prairie Fires.

Emily, I hope I find Cursed Child interesting as well.

Lisa, I can't believe I haven't read Finding Dorothy yet. I bought it so long ago.

Lark, I really haven't read a witchy book in a long time. I am overdue.

Thanks for stopping by today, everyone. Great to see you here and visit your blogs.



Christopher @ Plucked from the Stacks said...

This is a great list! It's always fun seeing so many cozies, but Finding Dorothy might be my favorite choice. Such an amazing book.