Monday, August 1, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Aug 1

 Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday. 

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date

Welcome to the first Monday in August. Hard to believe we are already nearing the end of summer. This week, I got a chance to visit with Yia-Yia a couple of times. We are planning a family birthday party for her. On my day off, I did some totally overdue cleaning, but I also watched a few episodes of The Good Doctor.

I think we are in good shape for the Lil' Princess' dorm room supplies. It feels so strange to be doing this. Our other two kids went to college locally, so we have never bought or packed someone up for college. I really hope she enjoys UNC Wilmington.

Not a ton of reading going on, but here is what I accomplished.

My review of this book appears at The Children's and Teens' Book Connection


My First Chapter Review of this book appeared here last week. 


I am going back and forth between the next two books, but my review of Big Red will appear here on September 23. 



Look for my review of this writing craft book on August 25.



This Christmas book with a story from Charlotte Hubbard needs to be next because I promised a review. 

After that, it is these two. 



I might try something just for fun if I get the chance. It really depends on my work schedule. With fall and Halloween coming, this might be a good choice.





Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

My physical mailbox remained empty, but I picked up this book for only 99 cents on Sunday.


When investment banker Lazzaro de Medici is found dead, Professor of Biblical Studies at University of Illinois at Chicago Aiden Leonardo is the prime suspect. In possession of an encrypted letter given to him by Lazzaro, Aiden utilizes his extensive knowledge of Scripture to piece together clues that lead to a Lost Bible dating back to the time of Christ.

Hidden within the text is an ancient truth about the most controversial message Jesus left to His disciples. But as Aiden embarks on his quest to unravel the mystery of redemption and faith, a secret organization known only as The Group hunts him down to destroy the Lost Bible and tie up loose ends.

With the help of his fiancé Dr. Miriam Levin-a cultural anthropologist and a professor of historical archaeology in her own right, their friend Nagi, a philologist, religious historian and an eccentric cryptographer, Aiden soon realizes the Lost Bible was written by the only disciple who walked with Jesus and had his gospel omitted from Scripture.

Things are further complicated when a mysterious stranger warns Aiden that possessing the secret of heaven could cost him his life. Pursued by the F.B.I. for the ancient Black market relic and the Chicago PD in connection to the murder of Lazzaro de Medici, Aiden races against the clock to prove his innocence and fulfill his mentor's dying wish. Expose the secret of heaven...

Doesn't this sound like a fabulous novel? 

What are you reading these days? Anything I should add to my list. 

7 comments:

Yvonne said...

I love the TV show The Good Doctor. I hope you enjoy all your books. Have a great week!

Elizabeth said...

You had a very nice mailbox.

I hope they all are wonderful reads.

Enjoy your week, and thanks for stopping by my blog.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Your books look good! I have my eye on The Children's Blizzard.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

You have a lot going on lately. I hope you find some good reading time soon!

pilch92 said...

How exciting about your daughter going to college. Don't forget extension cords and batteries. Thise seemed to be the things we forgot for my niece way back in 2006.

Cheryl said...

Yvonne, glad to hear you are a fan of The Good Doctor. I used to watch it all the time, but am finally catching up on the latest season.

Thanks, Elizabeth. Hope you enjoy your mailbox as well.

Laurel, I started reading The Children's Blizzard while we were on vacation. I know it will be a tough read, so I broke off to read something else for a bit. Hope you get a chance to read it.

You're right, Mary. Busy times. September might be a bit slower.

Thanks for the reminder, pilch92. I think we have both of those items here. I am sure they will come in handy.

Thanks for visiting today, everyone.

Cheriee Weichel said...

Good luck with sending your daughter off to college. It's always hard when they leave home isn't it?
I haven't watched The Good Doctor, but I have been binge watching Call the Midwife.