Monday, April 4, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Apr 4

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday. 


 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date

Happy Monday from Wilmington, NC. The Lil' Princess and I arrived yesterday and spent some time in downtown Wilmington, walked along the riverwalk, put our toes in the water at Wrightsville Beach, and chowed down on a hearty breakfast at the Famous Toastery




Oh, and we found a shop where we can appreciate Travis even more.


We will be on a college tour at UNC Wilmington today, but I will check in later and visit blogs. 

The Blogging from A to Z April Challenge started on Friday. Not sure if I will make it through the alphabet, but I am working on it. Here are my first two posts:



Today, I will be talking about women who faced challenges and those who brought about change. 

My reading world is still running slow, but I started this one on the flight here.

I am in the middle of this one.


I read and scheduled my First Chapter Review of They Called Him Marvin for next month's virtual book tour. I still need to read the first chapter of The Road to Me. 


I am also reading this book in between others. 



These are next:

Review coming April 29



Review coming May 27 at TC&TBC


Review coming June 7 at TC&TBC


Review coming June 22 at TC&TBC

Maybe by the time vacation rolls around I will get to these:











Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

To celebrate our visit to Wilmington, I dug out this image of the Wrightsville Beach mailbox. I often use this during the summer months of Mailbox Monday.

A highly anticipated novel arrived in my mailbox this week.



After a difficult hiccup on her road to adulthood, Nola Trenholm is looking to begin anew in New Orleans, and what better way to start her future than with her first house? But the historic fixer-upper she buys comes with even more work than she anticipated when the house's previous occupants don't seem to be ready to depart. Although she can't communicate with ghosts like her stepmother, luckily Nola knows someone in New Orleans who can--even if he's the last person on earth she wants anything to do with, ever again. Because Beau Ryan comes with his own dark past, a past that involves the disappearance of his sister and parents during Hurricane Katrina, and the unsolved murder of a woman who once lived in the old Creole Cottage Nola is determined to make her own whether or not the resident restless spirits agree...

What's going on in your reading world this week? Any good books you can recommmend?

6 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

You have a lot of interesting titles here that are new to me. Hope you enjoy your college visit as well as find some snatches of time to read. :)

Kathy Martin said...

That college visit sounds like fun. I've never been to North Carolina. The Karen White book also looks great. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

The ocean view from Wilmington looks lovely. Enjoy your reading this week!

vvb32 reads said...

The Black Cat Shoppe looks like a fun place to be. Cute :-)

Martha Eskuchen said...

That is a healthy breakfast.
I hope the college tour goes well. The cat shop looks like fun.
The Sand Dollar Lane book has such a nice cover.
Have a good week and Happy Reading!

Cheryl said...

Well, I am two days late, but I think I finally visited all your blogs.

Lisa and Martha, the college tour went well. I think she has found where she wants to attend school.

Kathy, I am eager to read Karen White's latest. Not sure when I will get to it, though.

Mary, it was a wonderful view. I wanted to stay longer.

VVb32, that was such a neat shop. I would have bought more souvenirs, but we only brought duffle bags on the plane, so not really enough room.

Martha, I am enjoying Sand Dollar Lane.

Hope you all have an amazing week. Thanks for stopping by.