Friday, April 8, 2022

Blogging from A to Z 2022 - Growth

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter

Welcome to Day 7 of the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge (2022) I will be discussing topics of interest to those who identify as women this year. The Book Connection is lucky number 78 in a list of more than 140 bloggers who are participating in 2022. I encourage you to check out the list and visit other blogs with topics of interest. 

GROWTH

I attended a professional conference last year. Over lunch with a few colleagues, we spoke about how challenging it can be to change the culture of an organization due to the resistance of those who wish to keep everything running the same way. I'm not sure exactly what I said, but it was something like, "If we refuse to change, we stop growing." That's when one of the women around the table asked me if I was a life coach. I guess it sounded more profound than I realized. 

Growing is a part of living. The longer I spend on this planet, I realize that personal growth, while rarely easy, is crucial to making us happier and more successful (however you choose to define success). 

Today, I'll share favorite quotes about growth.


“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” 
― Mark Twain 

 “The only time you fail is when you fall down and stay down.”
― Stephen Richards

 “When a woman rises up in glory, her energy is magnetic and her sense of possibility contagious.”
 ― Marianne Williamson

 “She remembered who she was and the game changed.”
 ― Lalah Delia 

 “Take responsibility of your own happiness, never put it in other people’s hands.”
― Roy T. Bennett

 “It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”
― Lewis Carroll

 “The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder

“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”
― Rumi

“Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.”
— Carol Burnett

“Stop being who you were and become who you are.”
— Paulo Coelho

 “If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living.”
— Gail Sheehy

5 comments:

Dino said...

Being stuck with people who refuse to change, preferring things to remain as they are is such a pain.

moondustwriter said...

Change drives life to ignore it is foolish.
Cheers for your weekend.
Digging a Grave

ladyleemanila said...

great post :)
have a great weekend <3

Jayashree Srivatsan said...

The only that does not change is change itself! Thats my favourite quote ( i think i have changed the exact wording) ...

Visiting from A to Z

https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2022/04/blogging-from-to-z-2022-growth.html

Cheryl said...

Thanks for visiting yesterday, everyone. I dropped by your blogs, but seems I forgot to comment here. Great quote, Jayashree.