Monday, March 7, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Mar 7

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday. 


 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

Welcome to March. Most of our week was cold, but Sunday was warmer even if it did rain a bit. I am so ready for spring. Temperatures for early next week when I am in Kentucky will be in the high 50s and low 60s, so that will make me happy. 

This weekend I made this spicy crabmeat pasta dish. It was good, but I wouldn't add the red pepper flakes next time. I'm sure it will be fine without the heat.


On Friday, our company became part of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices. I'm excited! They are a great brand, and they will offer us even better tools than we already have to service our clients. 


Picked up this shirt as a Vine request from Amazon. It is lightweight and comfortable. The reason I like it is because you can dress it up with a blazer or create a casual look by pairing it with jeans. Taking photos is not my strong suit... in case you never noticed. 


On the reading front, I didn't get much accomplished at all. I want to finish that editing project I am working on before I head out on business, and I still need to work on my North Carolina post-licensing education. I read a couple of chapters of this book that I started two months ago. I don't owe a review on this one, which is why I keep putting it aside. 


These first two I will only be reading the first chapters on, so I can provide First Chapter Reviews in April for the authors' virtual book tours. 


If I am lucky, I will get to these next. 










Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

Empty mailbox this week, but I am okay with that. Hope you received some great books. I look forward to visiting your blogs. 

11 comments:

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

They are lovely photo’s and I like your shirt.

Wishing you a great reading week

Marg said...

I need to get back to reading Karen White's books.

Hope you have a great week.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Exciting business news! Have a good week. The Sheila Roberts book is on my radar!

Harvee said...

I've enjoyed some of Karen White. Hope you love your books!

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Shelleyrae. My husband is so great with a camera. It's just not my calling.

Marg and Harvee, Karen White writes a fabulous book. Hope you get to read more of her work.

Yes, Mary, lots going on in my career world right now and loving it. I am overdue to read a Sheila Roberts book. I have it on my Netgalley app, so we will see how that goes.

Thanks for visiting, everyone.

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

Good luck with the company changes! I like the shirt. It's pretty. Have a great week!

Kathy Martin said...

Sounds like a busy week. I haven't checked out Amazon Vine for a while and really should again. I got some neat baking pans from them that are really useful. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

How great that you got a beautiful shirt from Vine! A few years ago, they gave me a Madeline doll that I loved...and even though I "lost" it during my move of 2019, I found it again by clicking on the link of that first Vine gift. And found the product page so I could get it again.

Enjoy your week! Here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

Cheryl said...

Thanks, AJ. Glad to hear you like the shirt.

Kathy, Vine gives me a chance to spoil myself a bit. Hope you will do that for yourself, too.

Laurel, that is great news. I go back to Vine for that reason as well.

Thanks for stopping by, ladies.

Martha Eskuchen said...

You stay busy for sure. I like pepper flakes but like to taste the dish before I add them.
It looks like a very nice shirt. I'm not real comfortable with selfies,,, or other photos either.
Hope you get more reading this week.
Happy Reading!

Savvy Verse & Wit said...

Berkshire is a great brand! What a wonderful pairing. Happy Reading