Monday, February 7, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Feb 7

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.


 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

Welcome to our first dip into the month of February. It looks like this may be a month of drama, and I hate drama. Maybe I should have known last week was going to try my patience when poor Milltown Mel, the groundhog from Milltown, NJ, died right before Groundhog Day. If I believed in such things, I would say that's a bad omen. Let's face it, January was already kind of tough considering Howard Hesseman, Bob Saget, Meatloaf and Louie Anderson died. It's like my childhood is fading away before my eyes. 

I really needed to get my head back in the right space, so I bought some cute Valentine's Day decorations and spent a lot of time in Scripture and singing gospel music. Carrie Underwood's version of "How Great Thou Art" is so moving. 







In addition to my Bible, I was able to read a couple of books. My review of this beautiful book about lost little ones can be found at my children's book blog


I also read this great book. This review will appear on my children's book blog on February 15, but it already appears on Goodreads



I am reading these next two.
 



I need to review this one for February 24.


I hope these are next.





I will be reviewing this Moonlight Harbor novel in April. 










Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

In addition to the NetGalley version of Sand Dollar Lane by Sheila Roberts that I downloaded to my shelf, I grabbed these Kindle freebies last week.





That is all for me. I hope you take a second glance at some of the books I featured today. Looking forward to checking out your blogs to see what you are reading. 

8 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I love the Valentine decorations...and I definitely want to read the newest Karen White book. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I hope February improves for you! I enjoy Sheila Roberts so I'll try to remember to check out your review when it posts.

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

I hope February is better for you! Enjoy your books.

Kathy Martin said...

I've read a few by Karen White but really need to read more. I hope February is a great month for you. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

Cute decorations!
My post is here: https://wordsandpeace.com/2022/02/06/sunday-post-52-2-6-2022/

Yvonne said...

I so hope February will be a better month. Enjoy your books.

Have a great week!

Martha Eskuchen said...

As we get up in years we see more and more death among the entertainers, artists, and leaders we knew from our childhood. It reminds me we are only mortal in this land. Nice Valentine decorations. It looks like you got some good reading done.
The new children's books have great covers and thanks for the heads up on Choose Wisely which I was able to get.
I hope ou have a good week and good reading!

Cheryl said...

What a nice treat to see so many visitors today.

Laurel and Kathy, would should make plans to read Karen White's books together.

Mary, I hope you will visit when I post my review on April 29.

Thank you all for the encouraging words. Glad you like the decorations, too.

Hope everyone has a nice week.