Monday, January 31, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Jan 31

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.


 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

Well, we have come to the end of January. That sure happened quickly. We had our first major snow storm of the season. Probably had 8 inches or so by the time all was said and done. Eastern and Central Mass got hit harder than we did this time around. It was a cool 2 degrees this morning. By mid-week, we should have some temps in the mid-40s. It will feel like a heat wave. 


Saturday night after the storm

I spent part of Saturday taking down the last Christmas tree and getting all the decorations carefully packed away under the stairs until next year. Travis and Dwight were happy to have the spot back for their cat tree. 



As far as reading goes, it is a slow ride. I have two, maybe three, new listings coming up, plus I've have meetings and a media interview this week. 

I reviewed this one here on Wednesday.



On Thursday,  I reviewed this one, but I had read most of it already so it didn't take long. You can read my review here



I started this one. So much for Karen White's book being my first book of the year. LOL! Though it is still in my list.



I am in the middle of this one.



I hope these are next.





Need to review these in February.










Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

Three books arrived this week. One was a copy of my book, A Christmas Kindness. I like to keep a certain number in stock at home in case I need them. 

This one I requested for review since I know the illustrator.


This one I bought from 4RV Publishing. They have monthly author chats. Kena Sosa will be a featured author during the February chat on the topics of writing bilingual books for children and writing about difficult subjects for children. Registration is free, but it is required. You can sign up for the February 20 session at https://4rvreading-writingnewsletter.blogspot.com/p/between-covers-writing-bilingual-or.html


I will be in and out today, so I might be later in visiting blogs, but I will stop by. Hope you share what you're reading

10 comments:

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

I was getting worried, but then your list of books got more and moe uplifting. Needed with all that snow, lol. Have a nice and warmer week I hope.
https://wordsandpeace.com/2022/01/30/sunday-post-51-1-30-2022/

Tee said...

Your snow is beautiful, we do not get much here, however the middle of this week they are calling for ice and power outages...I am hoping they have no clue what they are talking about!

Here is my week:
https://twogirlsandtheirbookishlife.blogspot.com/2022/01/it-is-monday-what-are-you-reading_31.html

Harvee said...

The NE seems to have a ton of snow. Hope it's not too much where you are. Enjoy it and your books!

Kathy Martin said...

Snow is really pretty if you don't have to get out and drive in it. We missed that storm which is all right with me. Nice looking assortment of books too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I'm almost jealous of your snow (not really, ha). I live in the upper midwest and we have only a couple of inches on the ground from last week. So far, a different winter. Enjoy your reading this week!

Kathryn T said...

Oh wonderful snow, would love that, the cats look all cosy inside. I want to listen to the Attic on Queen St too at some point.

Cheryl said...

We had a lot of snow, for sure. Emma, we will enjoy the warmer temps after this last weekend.

I love looking at the snow, Tee, just not a fan of driving in it. Thankfully, the governor encouraged people to stay home, so I worked on an editing project instead of showing houses.

Harvee, the Farmers' Almanac told us to expect a cold and snowy winter, so that's what we get for living here.

Kathy, we made up for your lack of snow.

Mary, I am jealous of your lack of snow.

Kathryn, the boys do tend to snuggle in when it's cold out.

Thanks for stopping by, everyone.

Marg said...

I would be absolutely no good in the snow!

Have a great week.

Martha Eskuchen said...

I am glad I am not in snow and cold weather. It is hard enough for us when we get into the 30s. But the pictures show pretty snow - even the porch behind the kitties.
I hope you stay warm and safe. And maybe get some good reading in too!

Veronica @ The Burgeoning Bookshelf said...

Your photo of the snow is so pretty. It's been extra hot here in Australia although it has cooled a little in the last two days. Enjoy your new reads!