Sunday, December 12, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Dec 13

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.


 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

Welcome back to Monday. I hope you all had a nice weekend. My sister and I took in a local theatre production of A Christmas Carol. I finished Christmas shopping and now need to get the house ready for family on Christmas Eve. I also have a ton of studying to maintain my North Carolina real estate license (90 hours). I started my first 30 hours this past week. 

At this time of year, I try to squeeze in some books amongst other fun things. Here is what I've been up reading. 

My review of this book appears at my children's book blog


My review of this book about acceptance and working together can be found at The Children's and Teens' Book Connection as well. 



My review of this book appeared on Saturday.



You'll find my book review of this zany story at my children's book blog today. 


I finished this one last week. You can find my review here.



Next up are these.








Still hoping to squeeze one Christmas book in before the end of the year. 

















Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists. 

On Saturday, this book arrived authored by a fellow member of the Christian Children's Authors blog. 



I signed up for a virtual book tour, my last of the year, with a review of this book to appear on December 31. A digital copy arrived in my Inbox last week. 


That is it for me. I hope you'll join me in praying for all those affected by the horrible tornadoes across the country. If you purchase a copy of my book, A Christmas Kindness, from 4RV Publishing through December 31, 2021, my proceeds will be donated to the Midwest and Southern Tornado Outbreak Relief Fund. Please visit http://www.4rvpublishing.com/cheryl-c-malandrinos.html to purchase. 

10 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I am curious about the murder mysteries. I also love the holiday blog background.

Enjoy your books and your week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

Kathryn T said...

Yes those tornadoes were terrible, shocking really. Sounds like you will be busy with all that study. All the best for some fun reading.

Miaismine said...

Your holiday layout is so cheerful! Many of your books sounds wonderful. I'm curious about the 52 Weeks of Writing...interesting.

Greg said...

Good luck with everything! The holiday is coming up fast isn't it? I have a lot to do yet as well.

Hope your week is a fabulous one!

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

I love the background of your blog. It's so festive! Good luck with all the studying.

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

Ninety hours is a lot! Good luck with that.
I haven’t finished Christmas shopping yet, I do have the family lunch planned though

Wishing you a great reading week

Kathy Martin said...

Nice looking assortment of books. I like combining the holidays with mysteries. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Laurel. I changed the background yesterday. I'll let you know how the books turn out.

Kathryn, very busy indeed.

Miaismine, thanks so much. I love creating a nice place to visit.

Thanks, Greg. The holidays always come too fast for me.

Aj, so glad you like the new background.

Shelleyrae, it is a ton. Thanks for the luck.

Kathy, I a like you--combining holidays with mysteries is fun.

Thanks for stopping by, everyone.

Yvonne said...

So many great books. The mysteries are the ones that interest me the most. They look so good. Have a great week!

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Yvonne. I know you love mysteries. Hope you are reading some great ones.