Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Interview with A. S. Fenichel, Author of A Lady's Virtue



A.S. Fenichel gave up a successful career in New York City to follow her husband to Texas and pursue her lifelong dream of being a professional writer. She’s never looked back.

A.S. adores writing stories filled with love, passion, desire, magic and maybe a little mayhem tossed in for good measure. Books have always been her perfect escape and she still relishes diving into one and staying up all night to finish a good story.

Multi-published in historical, paranormal, erotic and contemporary romance, A.S. is the author of The Forever Brides series, the Everton Domestic Society series, and more. With several books currently contracted, A.S. will be bringing you her brand of edgy romance for years to come.

Originally from New York, she grew up in New Jersey, and now lives in the Southern Missouri with her real-life hero, her wonderful husband. When not reading or writing she enjoys cooking, travel, history, puttering in her garden and spoiling her fussy cat.

Website Link: http://asfenichel.com
Twitter Link: https://twitter.com/asfenichel
Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/A.S.Fenichel

Click below to sign up for her newsletter!



Can you tell us a bit about yourself? 

Hi, I’m A.S. Fenichel. Real name: Andrea Sue.

I’m married to a wonderful man and currently have one fur baby, an eleven-year-old cat named Molly Cat.

I write Regency historical romance with strong female characters who find many ways of being empowered in a time when that was difficult to do. My hero’s will touch your heart in ways you cannot yet imagine when they show you what they’re willing to risk for true love.

Where did you grow up?

I was born on Long Island, New York and grew up in New Jersey. I’ve also lived in the Netherlands and East Texas. Now, I call Southern Missouri home. We just built a home in the Ozarks and it’s fabulous. You can follow me on Instagram for a peek.

When did you begin writing?

I started writing in my early twenties, though I had lived with stories in my head all my life. It never occurred to me to write them down before then.

Do you write during the day, at night or whenever you can sneak a few moments?

Currently, I’m a full time writer. I write during the day. Usually two to three hours in the morning and a couple more in the afternoon depending on deadlines and editing responsibilities.

What is this book about?

A Lady’s Virtue is about Sylvia Dowder and Anthony Braighton. Sylvia has been jilted after a very long courtship and engagement. Unable to tolerate the disappointment of her family, she joins the Everton Domestic Society as their resident party planner.

Anthony has recently been raised to the title of Earl of Grafton. He was raised in America and never coveted a title. His mother and aunt want him to marry. He hires an Everton Lady to prove to them he doesn’t need a wife.


What inspired you to write it?

It started a long time ago. When I was thirty-five my first husband died suddenly. After, I wanted to write about that kind of loss, but just couldn’t do it. Finally, last year I wrote and published A Lady’s Honor about Markus losing his wife, Emma and finding love again with Phoebe, the Everton Lady assigned to save him from himself.

Once the Everton Domestic Society was created, I had all these fabulous women who needed their stories told. A Lady’s Virtue is the third book in the series, but all of the books can be read as stand alone.                                                            

Are you a member of a critique group? If no, who provides feedback on your work?

Not really. I have a group of writer friends who I can ask to beta read my books. There are enough of us that one or two are usually available to help out before the books goes to my editor at Kensington Publishing.

Who is your favorite author?

Living? It’s a toss up between Mary Jo Putney, Eloisa James and Jude Devereaux
Dead? Jane Austen

Do you have an agent or are you looking for one?

I am represented by Bookends Literary Agency.

Was the road to publication smooth sailing or a bumpy ride?

Oh Lord! Bumpy does not even cover it. It took me seventeen years of rejection before I was published. Three years later my publisher went out of business. Thankfully, I found another publisher, and I’m still with them.

Where can readers purchase a copy of your book?

A Lady’s Virtue is available at most vendors:





What is one piece of advice you would like to share with aspiring authors everywhere?

Join a writer’s group. Other Authors are very generous and you’ll need their support. This is a tough business.

What is up next for you?

A Lady’s Past is the forth and final book in the Everton Domestic Society series and will be available November 192019. Diana is a brilliant scientist being chased by French spies when Jacques finds her alone in the snow. I think you’ll love them and the book.

Is there anything you would like to add?

Thank you so much for having me here today. I can’t wait to hear what everyone thinks of A Lady’s Virtue.





No comments: