Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Book Review: Iced Chiffon by Duffy Brown


Iced Chiffon by Duffy Brown is a fun cozy mystery filled with plenty of twists and turns.

Reagan Summerside has just had to endure a horrible divorce from Hollis Beaumont III. All she has left is the run-down Victorian she's been restoring and a bunch of designer clothes. Needing a job--and money for groceries--she turns the first floor of her home into a consignment shop.

Thanks to her ex-husband's cunning lawyer, Walker Boone, he got everything else, including the Lexus. When Reagan finds Hollis' new blonde bombshell girlfriend dead in the Lexus, she's determined to find the murderer before Boone. Luckily, there are plenty of town gossips visiting her shop that provide helpful information.

I am so kicking myself in the butt for not reading this book sooner. It is superb! I'm such a huge cozy mystery fan, and Duffy Brown has written one that has tons of unique characters, a great plot, and the charm of the South.

The author has set up the potential for a great series. Someone gets killed and the main character gets pulled into the investigation for one reason or another. There seems to be no end to the number of possible suspects. The danger increases as Reagan gets closer and closer. And that ending was a total shocker to me. One other thing that I have to point out is that the secondary characters, especially Aunt Kiki, really shine in this story.

I'm looking forward to revisiting Savannah and Reagan's shop, the Prissy Fox, for another adventure soon. That shouldn't be hard. There are four other books in this series to enjoy.


Series: A Consignment Shop Mystery (Book 1)
Mass Market Paperback: 304 pages
Publisher: Berkley (October 2, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0425251608
ISBN-13: 978-0425251607

I received a copy of this book from the author. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.

I read this book for the following challenges:






1 comment:

fredamans said...

I really enjoyed the Duffy Brown book I have read... I really should read more!