Tuesday, July 30, 2013

First Chapter Review: The Accidental Demon Slayer by Angie Fox




I downloaded this book for FREE the other day. Many moons ago, I used to be a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan. I read great things about this book, so I figured I would give it a shot. The book is still listed as FREE right now.


BLURB: It's never a good day when an ancient demon shows up on your toilet bowl. For Lizzie Brown that's just the beginning. Soon her hyperactive terrier starts talking and her long-lost biker witch Grandma is hurling Smuckers jars filled with magic. Just when she thinks she's seen it all Lizzie learns she's a demon slayer-and all hell is after her.

Of course that's not the only thing after her. Dimitri Kallinikos a devastatingly handsome shape-shifting griffin needs Lizzie to slay a demon of his own. But how do you talk a girl you've never met into going straight to the underworld? Lie. And if that doesn't work how dangerous could a little seduction be...?

COVER: Love it. Great color scheme. Awesome weapon and just what I think Lizzie would be wearing based upon the first chapter if she was going to go kick some demon's butt. The addition of Lizzie's pet on the front cover is a nice touch.

FIRST CHAPTER: It's Lizzie's 30th birthday and she has plans to celebrate with her friends. Problem is, she opens the front door and her long-lost biker witch Grandma locks her in the bathroom. Things quickly go from bad to downright scary.

KEEP READING: Oh, yeah. I forget how much I enjoy sharp, witty stories because I don't read them very often. Lizzie is a turning thirty single gal with a fair amount of attitude. She's been tossed some lemons in life and she has a job that barely makes ends meet, so you want to cut her a break for not welcoming Grandma with open arms. This chapter has a fabulous cliffhanger. Let me tell you, this book made want to dig out my Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVDs and start a marathon viewing.


File Size: 384 KB
Print Length: 305 pages
Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0505527693
Publisher: Angie Fox (December 18, 2010)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
Language: English
ASIN: B00AWU8WO4

I downloaded a free version of this book for my Kindle. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.

No comments: