Wednesday, March 14, 2012

First Chapter Review: Stuck in the Middle: A Novel by Virgnia Smith


I loved the blurb for this book, so I decided to download a free copy to my Kindle. I also thought the cover art was neat. How many rocks walls or beams did you walk along as a kid?

TITLE:  Stuck in the Middle: A Novel

AUTHOR:  Virginia Smith

BLURB:  Joan Sanderson's life is stuck. Her older sister, Allie, is starting a family and her younger sister, Tori, has a budding career. Meanwhile, Joan is living at home with Mom and looking after her aging grandmother. Not exactly a recipe for excitement. That is, until a hunky young doctor moves in next door. Suddenly Joan has a goal--to get a date. But it won't be easy. Pretty Tori flirts relentlessly with him and Joan is sure that she can't compete. But with a little help from God, Allie, and an enormous mutt with bad manners, maybe Joan can find her way out of this rut.


Book 1 of the Sister-to-Sister series, Stuck in the Middle combines budding romance, spiritual searching, and a healthy dose of sibling rivalry.
 
COVER:  Like I said before, I thought this one was neat. In addition to walking on the wall, I like the summer look to the young lady, especially her shoes. The "Sister-to-Sister" emblem is a nice touch.
 
FIRST CHAPTER:  Joan Sanderson is working her job at the furniture store when she receives a phone call from her mother. Gram's obsessive-compulsive behavior is at it again and it's driving Joan's mother insane. Joan lives with her mother and Gram, so she's used to these conversations. A young couple arrives to temporarily distract her, but her sister Allie soon calls to read her the riot act for hanging up on their mother. Her day goes from bad to worse when she runs into her ex (nicely named Roger the Rat) while on lunch break.
 
KEEP READING:  Definitely. I love Smith's style. She's created an interesting and sympathetic character in Joan, a woman who wants more out of life than she has, and one who watches while her sisters live lives she wishes she had. I really want to see how her story turns out.
 
 
Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 1799 KB
Publisher: Revell (February 1, 2008)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
ASIN: B001GMANO4
Current price FREE

I downloaded a free copy for my Kindle. I received no monetary compensation for this review.

No comments: