Sunday, June 20, 2010

Working through My TBR Pile




Is it truly possible that I haven't updated this list since May 17th? I guess so, because I don't see any other posts about my ever-growing TBR pile out there.

Life has been crazy. School ends for the girls tomorrow and I have a bunch of virtual book tour clients to carry me through the summer, so I haven't read as much as I would have liked; though I'm still making fairly decent progress.

I ended up resorting my TBR spreadsheet without realizing it would mess up how I had my current list running, so now you'll see that it is alphabetized instead. That's what I get for being impulsive. I've also got to tell you about a funny thing that happened.

Remember on May 17th when I said I made a decision to donate one of the books from my TBR pile to the school's summer fun basket my daughter's class was putting together? Well, guess who won that basket. My daughter! So, the book is back, but I'm still not going to list it here. I guess I must be meant to read that one.

Since my last list, I've read 15 books and reviewed 13. I have a review for Why God Matters by Karina Lumbert Fabian and Deacon Steven Lumbert scheduled for Thursday. Not reviewed yet are The Confessions of Catherine de Medici by C.W. Gortner and Confessions of a Prairie Bitch by Alison Arngrim (Nellie Oleson, Little House on the Prairie, NBC). Highlighted entries are books I've read since my May 17th post.

MY TBR PILE:

…And Night Falls by Tommie Lyn (won)
A Very Dangerous Woman by James Livingston
A Woman's Heart that Dances by Catherine Martin
A Woman's Walk in Grace by Catherine Martin
American Lion by Jon Meacham (rcvd for hosting author)
America's Black Founders by Nancy I. Sanders TC&TBC
Asking for Murder by Roberta Isleib (bought from author)
At Home with Laurie Ann by Laurie Anne McMillin Ray
Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James **
Blissfully Yours by Diann Walker (won)
Cabal of the Westford Knight by David S. Brody
Calling the Dead by Marilyn Meredith (bought from author)
Capturing Karma by K.M. Daughters (bought)
Caves, Cannons, and Crinolines by Beverly Stowe McClure TC&TBC
Chasing Lincoln's Killer by James Swanson (bought from a book fair)
Confessions of a Rebel Debutante by Anna Fields (won)
Conflict with Interest by Michael Ruddy **
Copper and Candles by Amber Miller (bought from author)
Daughter of Liberty J.M. Hochstetler (bought)
Deadly Omen by Marilyn Meredith (bought from author)
Deadly Trail by Marilyn Meredith (bought from author)
DeadMistress by Carole Shmurak (bought from author)
Drawing Strength from the Names of God by Catherine Martin

Ebeneezer's Cousin by Kristen Zajac TC&TBC
Elizabeth Street by Laurie Fabiano (won)
Escape in Passion by Shiela Stewart (bought from author)
Evenings on Dark Island by Rhett DeVane and Larry Rock
Exiles on Main Street by Lisa Kleinholz (bought from author)
Famous Family Nights by Anne Bradshaw (won)
Fear the Worst by Linwood Barclay
Finding Chandra by Scott Higham and Sari Horwitz (Amazon Vine)
For the King by Catherine Delors
Forever Christmas by Christine Lynxwiler (bought)
Glamour Girl by Carlton Scott TC&TBC
Grin's Message by Carlton Scott TC&TBC
In My Bath by Beth Bernice Reinke TC&TBC
Intervention by Marilyn Meredith (bought from author)
It's about Time by Harold Lloyd

Little Big Wolf by Carlton Scott TC&TBC
Main Street: Tis' the Season by Ann M. Martin (bought from book fair)
Martha & Chip by Katharine Sohler
Mercy in Passion by Shiela Stewart (bought from author)
More Than Conquerors by Kathi Macias
Mother's Day Murder by Leslie Meier (bought from author)
Murder on the Low Down by Pamela Samules Young (bought)
My Dog Tim: and other stories by Garasamo Maccagnone **
Native Son by J.M. Hochstetler (bought)
Never without Hope by Michelle Sutton (bought)
Plan B by Steven Verrier TC&TBC **
Prairie Tale by Melissa Gilbert (bought)
Preaching to the Corspe by Roberta Isleib (bought)
Rabbit: Chasing Beth Rider by Ellen C. Maze (bought)
Rhett Butler's People by Donald McCaig (bought from book fair)
Rose of the Adriatic by K.M. Daughters
Saving Max by Antoinette van Heugten
Set Apart by Jennifer Kennedy Dean (won)
Shadow of Betrayal by Brett Battles
Silenced Cry by Marta Stephens (bought)
Sully's Topsy Tale by Donna J. Shepherd TC&TBC

Texas Roads by Cathy Bryant (won)
The Case of the Mystified M.D. by A. K. Arenz (bought)
The Confessions of Catherine de Medici by C.W. Gortner ** (****)
The Cowboy's Christmas by RaeAnne Thayne (bought)
The House on the Shore by Victoria Howard (free)
The Judge Who Stole Christmas by Randy Singer (bought)
The Last Child by John Hart (won)
The Lightkeeper's Daughter by Colleen Coble (Amazon Vine)*
The Revolunationary Paul Revere by Joel Miller
The Spies of Warsaw by Alan Faust (rcvd for hosting author)
The Strand Prophecy by J.B.B. Winner
The Target by J.P. Hauptman (rcvd for hosting author)
The Wildcat's Burden by Christopher Hoare
Three Weeks Last Spring by Victoria Howard (free)
Undone by Karin Slaughter
Unequally Yoked by Marilyn Meredith (bought from author)
When Love Ends and the Ice Cream Carton is Empty by Jackie Johnson **
Wing Beat by Marilyn Meredith (bought from author)
Wishin' and Hopin' by Wally Lamb
Write from the Heart by Leslea Newman
Confessions of a Prairie Bitch by Alison Arngrim ****


Coming in the mail:


Buying Time by Pamela Samuels Young **
The Chill of the Night by James Hayman **

So, it looks like there are 66 books in my TBR pile and 2 more on the way. Thankfully our trip to North Carolina is only a couple of weeks away. I have a pile of books and my Kindle to bring along for the ride and the two weeks at the beach.

Until next time, happy reading!



* Currently reading

** Reading/Read as part of a virtual book tour

**** Read, but not yet reviewed

1 comment:

Edgy Inspirational Author said...

Sweet! I love that my book is listed. If you enjoyed INAM, you are going to really love NWH!