Sunday, April 18, 2010

Working through My TBR Pile



You read any good books lately? I sure have. Since my last post I've read:

The Power of Your Child's Imagination: How to Transform Stress and Anxiety into Joy and Success by Charlotte Reznick, PhD

Jack's Dreams Come To Life by Sara Jackson

The Way to Stillness by Anne Vincent

Melinda and the Wild West: A Family Saga in Bear Lake, Idaho by Linda Weaver Clarke

Final Respects by F.M. Meredith, the first book in the Rocky Bluff P.D. series.

You'll see reviews come through for these ones soon. My review of The Christmas Pumpkin by Debbie Reece is available at my children's book blog, TC&TBC.

When I posted my last TBR pile update, I still had 61 titles listed. Let's see how things have changed--or not. The bolded books are ones that I've read since my update on April 5th.

My TBR Pile

Cabal of the Westford Knight by David S. Brody
Reunion by Therese Fowler
Rose of the Adriatic by K.M. Daughters
The Last Child by John Hart
American Lion by Jon Meacham
Fear the Worst by Linwood Barclay
Undone by Karin Slaughter
Shadow of Betrayal by Brett Battles
The Spies of Warsaw by Alan Faust

The Target by J.P. Hauptman
Prairie Tale by Melissa Gilbert
Melinda and the Wild West by Linda Weaver-Clarke
The Case of the Mystified M.D. by A. K. Arenz
Daughter of Liberty by J.M. Hochstetler
Native Son by J.M. Hochstetler
Exiles on Main Street by Lisa Kleinholz
Asking for Murder by Roberta Isleib
DeadMistress by Carole Shmurak
Mother's Day Murder by Leslie Meier

Write from the Heart by Leslea Newman
Copper and Candles by Amber Miller
Escape in Passion by Shiela Stewart
Mercy in Passion by Shiela Stewart
The Strand Prophecy by J.B.B. Winner
The Judge Who Stole Christmas by Randy Singer
Forever Christmas by Christine Lynxwiler

Rocky Bluff P.D. series by F.M. Meredith: Bad Tidings, Final Respects, Fringe Benefits
Deputy Tempe Crabtree series by Marilyn Meredith: Deadly Trail, Deadly Omen, Intervention, Unequally Yoked, Wing Beat, Calling the Dead
Murder on the Low Down by Pamela Samuels Young
Preaching to the Corpse by Roberta Isleib
Silenced Cry: A Sam Harper Mystery by Marta Stephens
Wishin' and Hopin' by Wally Lamb
Set Apart: A 6-week Study of the Beatitudes by Jennifer Kennedy Dean

...And Night Falls by Tommie Lyn
Main Street: Tis' the Season by Ann M. Martin (TC&TBC)
Rhett Butler's People by Donald McCaig
A Very Dangerous Woman: Martha Wright and Women's Rights by Sherry H. Penny & James D. Livingston
Capturing Karma by K.M. Daughters
Rabbit: Chasing Beth Rider by Ellen C. Maze
Chasing Lincoln's Killer by James Swanson

The Lightkeeper's Daughter: A Mercy Falls Novel by Colleen Coble (Amazon Vine)
The Power of Your Child's Imagination by Charlotte Reznick, PhD (**) ****
The Raindrop by Brian D. McClure (TC&TBC) **
The Three Dimensions of Character by Larry Brooks
The Wildcat's Burden: Iskander Book Four by Chris Hoare

Faith and Finances: In God We Trust, A Journey to Financial Dependence by multiple authors **
The Way to Stillness by Anne Vincent & Gayle Alexander (**) ****
My Heart and Soul by Marilyn Randall (**) ****
The Christmas Pumpkin by Debbie Reece (TC&TBC)
My Dog Tim and Other Stories by Garasamo Maccagnone **
The Elf of Luxembourg by Tom Weston (TC&TBC) **
Mr. Vinegar and the Frozen Sea by Chris Wardle (TC&TBC)
America's Black Founders by Nancy I. Sanders (TC&TBC)

Newly added titles:

Wishing for Tomorrow by Hilary McKay (audio book) (Amazon Vine)
Be Cool, Follow Earth's Rule by Penelope Ann Kysiak (TC&TBC) - won in a giveaway
At Home With Laurie Ann: A Decorator's Guide: Turn the Place You Live into A Home You Love by Laurie Ann McMillian Ray - unrequested title sent by the author's publicist
Noonie's Masterpiece by Lisa Railsback (TC&TBC)
More Than Conquerors by Kathi Macias **

That means that I've brought my TBR pile down to 59, and I'm doing my best not to request any new titles, though I think I have 2 more on the way that need to be reviewed at the beginning of summer. I know when we make it to North Carolina for the first two weeks of July that I'll do some catching up. I'll start with the oldest titles first and bring along any I need to read for virtual book tours. Usually I bring around a dozen books with me. It's a long drive to the Outer Banks, plus all I really feel like doing when I'm away is reading. I write a tiny bit, but reading while away is something I truly look foward to.



* Currently reading

** Reading as part of a virtual book tour

**** Read, but not yet reviewed

No comments: