Wednesday, February 25, 2009

February Featured Novel - Quills & Promises by Amber Miller



If you're looking for a tender, historical romance novel look no further than Amber Miller's Quills & Promises.

Published by Heartsong Presents, this is the second book in Miller's Delaware Dawning series. In Quills & Promises, young Elanna Hanssen meets Major Madison Scott, but he is soon called away to fight in the French and Indian War. They stay in touch through their correspondence, but when Madison's integrity is called into question, Elanna recalls her brief time with Madison and must put her faith in God to decide if she should follow her heart.

I loved the characters in this novel. Elanna and Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables would have hit it off splendidly. Madison is torn by his contradicting feelings about the war, his duty, and his desire to see Elanna again. And Mr. Witherspoon, a reporter whose intentions Elanna is not always sure of, makes the perfect antagonist.

Read my full review here.

Deceptive Promises, the third book in Amber Miller's Delaware Dawning series is now available. Visit Amber online at www.ambermiller.com for more information.

3 comments:

Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

Thanks so much for featuring my novel this month. At first, book 1 was a favorite. But book 2 included quite a bit of my heart in that I pulled from my correspondence with my husband during our long-distance relationship prior to marriage. Guess it showed. :)

Appreciate the added plug and promotion.

Cheryl said...

You're welcome. I truly loved this book. I'll have to buy book 1 so that I can start collecting the whole series.

Cheryl

Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

Well, there are 3 available. My new series begins in April and I've moved to Detroit Michigan during the Industrial Revolution as well as the turn of the 19th century. Quite a switch from writing Colonial. :)