Thursday, February 26, 2009

February Featured Novel - His Shadowed Heart by Hazel Statham



I had never read Regency romance before picking up His Shadowed Heart by Hazel Statham, but I was so glad I had the chance to review this one and will certainly be on the lookout for more of Hazel's books.

In His Shadowed Heart, we find Richard, the Earl of Waverly, plagued by the death of his wife. Now alone and caring for his daughter, he enters into a marriage of convenience to Caroline Northam. Little does the Earl know how much he will come to love her.

But their love is jeopardized by strange happenings that are blamed on the ghost of his first wife. Can their love survive?

The details that Statham includes in this novel paint a perfect picture of the era. Her work has been compared to that of Georgette Heyer and I truly believe that all Regency romance fans will love Hazel's books.

If I remember correctly, Statham has two new books coming out this year. See her website for more information.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great read. Thanks for sharing.

Hazel said...

Many thanks for the review, Cheryl. It is very much appeciated. I'm so pleased you liked 'His Shadowed Heart' and hope you get to read my other work.

I love to hear from my readers and promise to reply to all my mail.

Regards

Hazel