Sunday, September 8, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - Sep 9

 Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.   

Welcome back to Monday! Greetings from your happy and zany book-loving, book-writing, book-editing REALTOR friend. In case you missed the memo, fall is my favorite season. Christmas might be my favorite holiday, but fall is the best season in New England for me. So, in between everything else I love doing, I am decorating for fall, thinking about pumpkins muffins, and plotting when I might have a weekend off to switch over my wardrobe. Here are a few photos from last week.


Updated my flower boxes


Decorated at the end of the driveway


Harvested my mini-pumpkins


Fermented wild grape wine

The only reason we don't have homemade applesauce right now is because it's too early for bushels of McIntosh. 

In my reading world, I read and reviewed the following:


Read review here


Read review here


Read review here

I didn't get to any of this one last week because my Kindle was in my office, but I wasn't very often. 


I finished the next book in the Love Comes Softly series on Sunday.


I finished listening to this one on Friday. 


I am listening to the one on Audible. 


I downloaded these two from NetGalley.



These are next.





Upcoming events:
  • Side Launch by Brock Martin - October 2 (Review)
  • The Merry Matchmaker by Sheila Roberts - October 16 (Review)
  • A Celtic Yuletide Carol by Jennifer Ivy Walker - November 20 (Review)


You can read the latest Christmas news at the Christmas Year Round blog. Links to an article about Google Flights and ways to save money when you travel this holiday season. Check out my weekly post here.

It's late Sunday when I am posting this because my first appointment is at 8:30 on Monday. I will check in with you all later in the day. Thanks for reading! 

7 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I just finished reading about Ben Franklin, and Franklin, like Arnold Schwarzzenegger, felt it was important to be useful.

I love fall, too! I will love fall more after the tropical storm is over.

Kathy Martin said...

While Fall is nice, summer is still my favorite season. Minnesota winters are too long for me to really look forward to. You have so many books on the go. I hope you enjoy them all. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Jen at Introverted Reader said...

I would like fall more if it didn't inevitably lead to winter. I'm more of a 3 season kind of woman. Where can I find that kind of weather? :-) A house we drive by as I take my husband to work already has their scary Halloween blow up decorations out. I want to knock on their door and ask them not to rush me! Enjoy your week!

Cindy said...

I also really enjoy fall. Happy reading!

Kathryn T said...

Some good looking books. I can only imagine how wonderful Autumn is in New England from TV. Bet its wonderful. Smiled that your Kindle was in the office but you weren't there often!

Yvonne said...

Nice books on your list. They all look good. I hope you enjoy them. Have a great week!

Literary Feline said...

Fall hasn't made it's way to Southern California yet. I am looking forward to it when it does though. I love the fall season too. I've been hearing good things about The Merry Matchmaker. I hope you enjoy it when you read it! Have a great week, Cheryl!