Sunday, May 5, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - May 6

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.   

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.   

Welcome to May! Hope you had a nice week. Χριστὸς ἀνέστη (Christ is Risen) to those who celebrate Orthodox Easter. It was so late this year, and with both in-laws gone, I almost forgot about it. We are going to wait until the Lil' Princess is back home to have our Easter dinner. 

Another hectic week, but with lots of high points.
  • New listings are coming.
  • Signed up a new buyer.
  • Submitted two offers.
  • Wrote the query letter for the small town romance I wrote in November.
  • Grabbed some new books on house history from the library and raided their annual used book sale.
  • Lil' Diva's first dance recital was this weekend, too!


Working at the office


Pumpkin muffins and pumpkin cornbread



Caught a nice sunset


The teaching staff being introduced


As for my reading world, not a lot happened this week. I've been on the road a lot, so Audible is the only thing I can really get to lately. 

My review for this book appeared on Wednesday. You can still enter the giveaway here.



This review is coming May 17th. 


I am enjoying this book for our Prairie Pages Book Club.


I am on the last 30 minutes of this one. 



I need to start this one this week. 


I'll start this one this week. I grabbed a Kindle version to make reading easier. 


This will come on vacation with me in July. 



Upcoming virtual book tours:
  • Be Resilient in Your Career by Dr. Helen Ofosu - May 16 (Review)
  • Mastering Your Scenes by J. A. Cox - May 17 (review)
  • I Will Ruin You: The Twisted Truth Behind the Kit Martin Murder Trial by Emilio Corsetti III - May 31 (Review)
  • Royally Arranged by Amber Malloy - June 4 (First Chapter Review)
  • Rock, Crush, and Roll by Hunter Snow - June 12 (First Chapter Review)
  • Is Truth Stranger Than Fiction? You Decide... by JB Miller - July 3 (Review)
  • The Righteous Arrows by Brian J. Morra - July (Review)



 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

Here is what I grabbed at the library for books on house history. The second photo is the books I added to my TBR pile thanks to the used book sale. 



This was the free book I grabbed as a thank you for donating books to the used book sale. 


Sheila Roberts sent me this one to review.



That's it for me today. Hope you enjoy traveling the blogosphere seeing everyone's books. 

8 comments:

Marg said...

The Best Life Book Club definitely catches my attention!

Have a great reading/listening week!

Mark Baker said...

Sounds like you had a busy and productive week.

Kathy Martin said...

Sounds like you are keeping really busy. Your variety of books intrigue me. I'm a strictly fiction reader. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Kathryn T said...

A busy week, Sheila Roberts book looks promising.

Cindy said...

Sounds like you are busy but things are going well. Yay for book mail!

Yvonne said...

Very busy week for you. The Sheila Roberts book looks so good.

Have a great week!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I shall look for The Best Life Book Club! Enjoy your week!

Literary Feline said...

Sounds like you had a busy and productive week! I bet the Lil' Diva's dance recital was fun to see. Ooo! The Best Life Book Club looks good! I hope you are having a great week and enjoying your reading, Cheryl!