Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Classic Books I've Never Read



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.  

Welcome to Tuesday! Did any of you catch the eclipse? I was working when it came through Massachusetts. Boston was said to have the best view of it, and we are not anywhere close to that. 

Today is a Top Ten Tuesday freebie, so I figured I would talk about books I haven't read for a change. I've never been a big reader of classics. I didn't enjoy 1984, The Great Gatsby, All Quiet on the Western Front, Ivanhoe, Ulysses, or Lord of the Flies. Maybe I was too young in school to appreciate them, but I don't plan to go back to them either. 

This week's list includes classic books I haven't read, but would consider reading. Here are my...

Top Ten Classic Books I've Never Read











Here is a list of 100 Best Classic Books to Read Before You Die. How many have you read?

6 comments:

Joanne said...

I've read The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe and To Kill a Mockingbird from your selection. Sense and Sensibility is my favourite Jane Austen!

Lydia said...

I liked To Kill a Mockingbird and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe quite a bit.

I tried to see the eclipse yesterday, but Toronto was sadly covered in a thick layer of dark grey clouds that totally obscured the view. Maybe next time!

Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

Cindy said...

I am not a huge classics reader either. I have read a few, and I keep trying...but, yeah, mostly not for me. Have a great week!

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Joanne, I should read Sense and Sensibility. I think I would enjoy it.

That's a bummer, Lydia. I didn't really see anything, but I didn't have glasses.

I struggle with them, too, Cindy.

Thanks for visiting today, everyone.

Susan said...

My husband and his buddy traveled for two days to get to a place in Texas so they'd be in the path of totality. I thought they were crazy, but they said it was totally worth it for such an awesome experience!

I'm with you on classics. I also hate THE GREAT GATSBY, which seems to be an unpopular opinion. However, I love TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD (my favorite book of all time), SENSE AND SENSIBILITY, and THE LION, THE WITCH, AND THE WARDROBE. Those are TOTALLY worth the read. THE HOUSE OF SEVEN GABLES was a snore. I don't think I ever finished it. I hope you enjoy all these when you get to them.

Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I have read and loved most of these. I especially enjoyed all of Jane Austen and Don Quixote.