Sunday, April 28, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Apr 29

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.   

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.   

Welcome to the last Monday of April! Hope you had a great week. I am posting early because I have a busy Monday morning. 

After a frustrating and crazy week, this weekend was filled with charity, home, and work. This Saturday was the annual Run for Rick's Place. Over 170 people signed up to walk or run in support of our organization. We had an amazing group of sponsors, volunteers, and staff coordinating the event. 


I walked in memory of my mother and my in-laws. 



The rest of Saturday was showing houses and catching up on laundry. I spent most of Sunday in my car, holding an open house and showing houses. After supper, I packed up the books I am donating to the Wilbraham Friends of the Library Book Sale that starts later this week. I will drop them off Monday morning. 


Despite the busyness of the week, I felt productive on the reading/blogging front. I've returned most of the books about historical homes to the library. I have two more to go. 

My review of this middle grade graphic novel appeared at The Children's and Teens' Book Connection. You can read it here.  


I posted my review of this Laura Ingalls Wilder biography here and at my Laura's Little Houses blog. 


Look for my review of this book coming this week.



This review is coming May 17th. 


I am enjoying this book for our Prairie Pages Book Club.


I am about halfway through my Audible version of this book.



I bought a Kindle copy of this one because I can't find the paperback anywhere in my house. This review is scheduled for May 31st. 


I need to start this historical mystery this week. Reading via PDF always takes me longer. 


I would really like to continue with this series after I catch up on review books, but I just added more books for review this week. I think it will be coming on vacation with me. 



New post at Christmas Year Round. Sharing Christmas News from Around the Country.


Upcoming virtual book tours:
  • My Career Journal by CareerTuners - May 1 (Review) 
  • Be Resilient in Your Career by Dr. Helen Ofosu - May 16 (Review)
  • Mastering Your Scenes by J. A. Cox - May 17 (review)
  • I Will Ruin You: The Twisted Truth Behind the Kit Martin Murder Trial by Emilio Corsetti III - May 31 (Review)
  • Royally Arranged by Amber Malloy - June 4 (First Chapter Review)
  • Rock, Crush, and Roll by Hunter Snow - June 12 (First Chapter Review)
  • Is Truth Stranger Than Fiction? You Decide... by JB Miller - July 3 (Review)
  • The Righteous Arrows by Brian J. Morra - July (Review)



 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

This mailbox was filled with new e-books that I bought or received for review. 


Ellie is a local author. I had the pleasure of editing this novel. 


This was available on NetGalley.


This and the book below are for First Chapter Reviews in June. 


I will review this book in July. 


I think that is it this week. Looking forward to visiting your blogs. Hope you have a blessed week!

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You are a very busy lady. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

How is the housing market?

Enjoy this week.

Kathryn T said...

Sounds like a busy but satisfying week. Hope your reading continues to go well.

Mark Baker said...

Sounds like a busy week. I'm impressed you got blog work done on top of everything. And great job on the run/walk.

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Housing market is slanted toward sellers, Elizabeth. There are many factors that created the pent up buyer demand, and it's not looking like that will ease.

Yes, Kathryn, busy and productive. At least I'm not just busy. LOL!

Thanks, Mark. Blogging is my creative outlet, and I love it.

Thanks to all of you for visiting today.

Yvonne said...

Busy week for you! I hope you enjoy your books and have a great week!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Great titles! Enjoy your week.

Kathy Martin said...

Sounds like a really busy week! You do have some great books on your stack. I hope you find time to read and enjoy them. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Thanks, Yvonne and Laurel. Great to see you here today.

Thanks, Kathy. Hoping for an actual day off this week.

Appreciate all of your visits and comments.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

The run really went well, it seems. I'm so glad!

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

It did, Deb. One of our best years and more sponsors, too. Thanks so much.