Monday, April 1, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Apr 1

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.   

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.   

Welcome to April! Proving New England weather likes to play jokes, we are expecting a nasty storm this week with the potential for snow. At least Easter Sunday was nice. 

Here are some photos of my visit to North Carolina to see the Lil' Princess. We had so much fun together. Can't wait to go back this month for the dance show.


We visited the community where she will be living next year


First two days were cold


Burgwin-Wright House Museum and Gardens


Burgwin-Wright House Museum and Gardens


Burgwin-Wright House Museum and Gardens



Carolina Beach

My reading world was a bit sparse considering my visit.

I didn't read any from this graphic novel approved by NetGalley. 


I'm halfway through this one. 


I didn't read from this one last week. 


I finished this one on Audible. 


Started this one on Audible. 


I need to read this one for an April review. 


This one might be next after review books. 



Upcoming virtual book tours:
  • The Book of 5 Mews by M. G. Rorari - Apr 3 (spotlight)
  • It Will Have Been So Beautiful by Amanda Shaw - Apr 25 (review) 
  • My Career Journal by CareerTuners - May 1 (review) 
  • Be Resilient in Your Career by Dr. Helen Ofosu - May 16 (review)
  • I Will Ruin You: The Twisted Truth Behind the Kit Martin Murder Trial by Emilio Corsetti III - May 31 (review)



 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

Nothing new because I have so much to read, but we visited a couple of neat book stores in Wilmington.

That's it from me. Hope you have a nice week. 

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

I'm glad you had a nice trip. I hope you don't get any storms.

Enjoy your books and have a great week!

Kathy Martin said...

Looks like a good trip. I hope the bad weather either misses you or ends up as rain. Piles of snow in April aren't a lot of fun. Happy reading and thanks for visiting my blog.

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Thanks, Yvonne.

It was nice, Kathy. I agree on the snow. So done with it.

Thanks for visiting today.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Great photos! A nice trip can be just what we need. Enjoy your books.

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Thanks, Laurel. It was wonderful. Appreciate the visit.