Monday, September 18, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Sep 18

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.  

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.     

Welcome back to Monday! The days they go so quickly. Last week involved a new listing, blogging at the 4RV Publishing blog, showings, and saying goodbye to a real estate friend whose daughter my husband and I went to high school with. Now that the Lil' Princess in North Carolina, and the Lil' Diva is usually gone Thursday through Sunday, Friday night has once again become date night for my husband and me. Usually that means dinner out. We both had great steaks at Max's Tavern. Here are a few photos from the week.


Is it any wonder I have trouble sleeping at night?


Steak from Max's Tavern


This robin took a dip in our bird bath. 

As far as reading goes, I accomplished more than I thought I would. 

I finished listening to this one.


I am on the last portion of this collection, which are all stories about Christmas. 


I started this one last week. My review is due October 4th. 


I finished and reviewed this holiday classic from Audible. 


I also downloaded this free one on Audible and started listening to it.



These are next.




Upcoming virtual book tours:
  • Grace and the Golden Rule by Negrita Smart - September 26 (review at TC&TBC)
  • Murder at Midnight by Katharine Schellman - October 4 (review)
  • Death and the Sisters by Heather Redmond - October 17 (review)
  • Racing the Dream by M. T. Bass - October 23 (first chapter review)
  • Resparking Creativity by Fatemah Mirza & Sumayyah Rafiq - November 20 (review)
  • The 12 Months of Christmas by Sheila Roberts - November 21 (review)
  • The King Who Lost His Colors by Glen Liset - November 27 (review at TC&TBC)



Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

My physical mailbox remained empty, but I grabbed this free offering on Audible to listen to while I am driving to appointments. 



The Compound Effect contains the essence of what every super achiever needs to know, practice, and master to obtain extraordinary success. Inside you will hear strategies on: 

How to win-every time
Eradicating the bad habits that are derailing your progress
Painlessly installing the few key disciplines required for major breakthroughs
The real, lasting keys to gaining and sustaining motivation
Capturing the elusive, awesome force of momentum 
The acceleration secrets of superachievers

Inside you will learn how to get the success you desire and the life you deserve.

That's it for me this week. I have appointments throughout the day, but I will check in as I can. Hope you have a lovely day. 

13 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

How fun to be back to date nights. I hope you enjoy your reading this week!

Kathy Martin said...

Going out to eat sounds good to me. Glad you can start having date nights again. Your books all look good too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Thanks, Mary and Kathy. We haven't had many date nights since the kids came along, so it is nice to have them again. Appreciate your visits today.

Snapdragon said...

Write Your Story from the Middle seem like it gives a different perceptive on writing.
Have a great week.

Martha Eskuchen said...

Sharing a date night sounds so nice. Funny how the bed gets crowded when the little critters climb in.
Hope you have another good reading week. Happy Reading!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Great photos! Enjoy your new week.

Yvonne said...

A date night sounds perfect and the steak looks so yummy.

Your books look like good reads. Enjoy them.

Have a great week!

Greg said...

Looks like a good steak. :) Now I want one!

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Snapdragon, you are so right. I used to teach that style of writing to fourth graders. It's so much fun.

Martha, the bed is very crowded indeed.

Thanks, Laurel.

The steak was yummy, Yvonne and Greg.

Thanks for visiting, everyone.

Savvy Verse & Wit said...

date night, how nice!

Looks like you got in some good reading too.

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Yes, more reading than anticipated, Serena. Thanks for stopping by.

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

I hope The Compound Effect has good info for you

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Thanks, Emma. Nice to see you here.