Monday, August 23, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Aug 23

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.


 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

When this goes live, I will be in Chicago with other REALTOR® leaders around the country for NAR Leadership Summit. I spent the weekend cooking and baking so the family wouldn't miss me too much. 

I finished one editing project and have another in the wings. I'm also a beta reader for another project. I am still trying to figure out what to do about my four books that went out of print when the publisher closed its doors in 2020. It is a cumbersome process to self-publish, though I am not totally against it. Paying the artists for their artwork so I can submit them to a new publisher is expensive. Having a new publisher create new artwork for them can take a long time. No answer is simple, but I would like to see them back in print. I still have a limited number available from my website

Pump Up Your Book will be coordinating a virtual book tour (VBT) for the second edition of my book, A Christmas Kindness, which was released in 2019. The new edition includes discussion questions, crafts, and activities. I will let you know when the tour page is up in case you wish to participate in the VBT. 

As far as reading goes, I am reading this one. My review is due on August 31. 



These are next on the list. 









For the rest of the year--unless a Christmas book catches my eye--I will be working on  my TBR pile. 






You will see this one listed above in my next pile. This is a virtual book tour for September that I am participating in. 


The first book of a new series, this humorous, whimsical collection of poems and songs reveals how baby mermaids are made, what mermaid families are like, and how mermaids study magic at School of the Fish to become Sea Witches (not Sand Witches).

That's it for me. I will be replying to comments and visiting blogs later in the day after the first day of the conference is over. Hope you will share what you are reading. 

8 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Enjoy your Realtor Summit...and your books for the week. Thanks for sharing, and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

Tee said...

The Moon book reminds me of something that would be on a Twilight book LOL
Enjoy your time in Chicago
Here is my link:
https://twogirlsandtheirbookishlife.blogspot.com/2021/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-8-23-21.html?showComment=1629727317474#c1313417560327482555

Kathy Martin said...

Enjoy your conference. I also hope you find a way to get your books back into print. You have a nice assortment to read too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Good luck with the book publishing issues. I hope Chicago isn't too hot and humid. I live in Wisconsin and we've had a fairly steamy summer. Safe travels home!

Veronica @ The Burgeoning Bookshelf said...

Good luck with your self publishing journey. My granddaughter would love the mermaid book. She has always wanted to be a mermaid.

Martha Eskuchen said...

Enjoy your Summit!
Publishing, from self, to small publisher to big publisher, comes with challenges.
It seems a shame the publisher wouldn't release the artwork if they went out of business.
I'm still working to meet my TBR goal but adding in 2021 books too.
I hope you get to enjoy some reading.
Stay Safe.

Elizabeth said...

I hope you have a good Summit.

Enjoy the rest of your week and your books.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for visiting, everyone. Sorry I was so slow in getting back out to reciprocate.

Leadership Summit was good. We almost didn't get to fly out on Tuesday because of storms, but managed it a few hours later than intended.

Self-publishing seems so daunting, but maybe I just need to do it and go through the process once.

Thanks again for stopping by.