Friday, July 9, 2021

Book Review: Not As We Knew It by F. M. Meredith

 

A missing woman, a fatal fire, and a pandemic... oh, my! Not As We Knew It by F. M. Meredith is the latest book in the Rocky Bluff P.D. series. Set in current times, this series follows the lives of the Rocky Bluff P.D. and their families. 

Doug Milligan investigates the disappearance of Geneva Portman, Lizette Butler is responsible for training the new hire, and Abel Navarro looks into a fatal fire. When Chief Taylor hears rumblings of protests nearby, she must put together a plan to keep the residents of Rocky Bluff safe.

I had wondered if the recent pandemic would play a role in the Rocky Bluff P.D. series. I'm glad the author decided to "go there." Though possibly risky, I'm not sure she could ignore it and keep the current timeline.

One definite advantage is that the Rocky Bluff P.D. was challenged in ways it never had been before. Yes, they have dealt with earthquakes, dense fog, wildfires, being perpetually understaffed due to tight budgets, and crimes big and small, but the pandemic created issues and strong emotions no one could imagine that impacted every person in some way or another. I applaud Meredith for having the guts to take this on. 

Not As We Knew It stands alone, but these books are all short reads, so you could easily start at the beginning. I would really love to see this book series picked up as a TV series. Having followed it for years, the recurring characters have become some of my favorites, and I would love to see this community transition to the small screen. 

What other challenges might the Rocky Bluff P.D. face? I guess we will have to wait and see.

  • ASIN ‏ : ‎ B08NDT3FW5
  • Publisher ‏ : ‎ Independently published (November 14, 2020)
  • Language ‏ : ‎ English
  • Paperback ‏ : ‎ 183 pages
  • ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 979-8564552684

This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.

No comments: