Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Places In Books I’d Love to Live



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Welcome to Tuesday! Hope you are having a great day so far. This week's Top Ten Tuesday is going to be so much fun. Have you ever wished you could live in some of the places you read about? Now, you can share what those places are. Will my places remind you of your favorite books? Will our lists look the same? Let's find out.

Top Ten Places In Books I’d Love to Live



After reading Lucy Maud Montgomery's beautiful descriptions in the Anne of Green Gables series and other books set on Prince Edward Island, I would love to visit. Sounds like a lovely place to live.



Don't you think Hogwarts would be an interesting place to live? You never know what might happen there. You live in a castle. You can even cast spells on your friends when they make you angry and turn them into toads. 




Thinking about all the amazing things Laura Ingalls Wilder saw in her lifetime makes early America a neat place to visit. I wonder which of the towns on Laura's travels I would like to live best. Maybe Walnut Grove, Minnesota or De Smet, South Dakota. I visited both in 2014. I'm not sure, however, I could live without indoor plumbing, so this would need to be a modern day move. 



As a lover of history, I would love to live in Charleston, South Carolina. All the evil spirts that follow Melanie around, however, would need to be gone first.



Though I am not sure I could handle the Australian heat, if they could outfit a place like Drogheda with air conditioning, I would give it a chance.



The small town of Sweet River, Oregon sounds like a charming place to live... especially for the holidays. Think of any Hallmark Movie Channel Christmas story and you will get the picture.



Another fictional small town I would love to live in is Cedar Cove. On the Pacific coast, this friendly little town would be full of fun adventures. I think I would enjoy working at the library.



The Outer Banks of North Carolina is like a second home to us. We are so looking forward to this year's trip down the Atlantic coast to our favorite spot on earth. My hope is to retire down to the OBX one day. 



If I had to live on the west coast, a fictional town like Bear Creek, a small mountain community in the Southern Sierra, sounds like a fascinating place. Hiking would be a great pastime. Not sure I would want to run into the Hairy Man, though.





Considering that I am not Amish, this last one might be tough. Amish communities like Morning Star have always fascinated me. Hard work isn't an issue for me, but I think I would be happier in a more progressive community like Morning Star than some others.

So, what do you think of my list? Hope you will share your thoughts. 

6 comments:

Lydia said...

Someday I'd love to visit Prince Edward Island as well!

My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-places-in-books-id-love-to-live/

iloveheartlandX said...

Hogwarts would definitely be a fun place to live!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2021/03/30/top-ten-tuesday-309/

Elza Reads said...

I would love to visit America one day! If I'll ever move there? I don't know. I think Australia is more like South Africa.

Hogwarts can be fun to visit, but nope - don't want to live there. Then it will have to mean I am a teacher. Again. Unless I can be the librarian! Now that can be fun.

Elza Reads

Cheryl said...

Lydia, I really think PEI would be a lovely place to live.

iloveheartlandX, couldn't you just imagine the hijinks at Hogwarts. Elza, I think a librarian at Hogwarts would be perfect.

Thanks for visiting today!

Poinsettia said...

Prince Edward Island and Hogwarts are great choices! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

Cheryl said...

Thanks for visiting, Poinsettia. Off to visit your blog now.