Monday, June 22, 2020

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - June 22



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

Welcome back to Monday. I hope you had a nice weekend. We celebrated Father's Day with all three kids. The weather was beautiful, and we were able to have a nice outdoor dinner at one of our favorite restaurants.

I've been trucking along with my reading. It is easier when you are reading what you want instead of sticking to a schedule.


I finished the fourth book in Karen White's Tradd Street series. My review appears here.



I am currently reading the next book and hope to finish it before we leave for vacation.



Here is the updated list of what is traveling with me to the Outer Banks.









I am bringing my Kindle Fire, but not sure how much I'll use it. I cut back on the number of books I am bringing because last year I hauled too many. On the off chance I get through all of these, I can pick one off my device or study for my real estate broker's exam. 

What kinds of books to you put in your beach bag? Are they light reads or intense reads? Do you stick to a particular genre or do you pack a variety?

7 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I love Karen White's Tradd Street series, but have yet to read Return to Tradd Street and The Guests on South Battery.

Enjoy your time in the Outer Banks, and stay safe.

Here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Laurel. I was nervous about reading Return to Tradd Street after some of the online reviews I read, but I really enjoyed it. The Guests on South Battery is good so far, too.

Kathy Martin said...

I've only read the first Tradd Street book but have a couple of others on my Kindle. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Yvonne said...

I haven't read Karen White's series yet, but she's been on my list for awhile. They look so good. I hope you enjoy them.

Have a great week!

Kathryn T said...

You have gotten ahead of me in the Tradd St series - only listened to two and really enjoyed them but have so many audio books calling my name. I will get to them though.

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

I’m glad you were able to have a nice meal! I haven’t been in a restaurant at all this year. I hope you have a good week!

Aj @ Read All The Things!

Cheryl said...

Kathy, I hope you continue with the Tradd Street series.

Yvonne, you need to make time for it. I think you would really enjoy it.

Kathryn, it's rare I am ahead of anyone in a series. I feel so accomplished now. :)

AJ, it has been such a long time. The week that everything shut down here, I had several client appointments scheduled at local restaurants. I am sure we are pretty far from that happening, but it's nice to sit outside and not have to cook every once in a while.

Thanks for visiting, everyone!