Saturday, April 4, 2020

Interview with MaryAnn Kempher, Author of Mocha, Moonlight, and Murder



For many years, MaryAnn Kempher lived in Reno Nevada where most of her stories are set. Her books are an entertaining mix of mystery and humor. She lives in the Tampa Florida area with her husband, two children, and a very snooty Chorkie.

Website
Facebook


Did you like mysteries when you were growing up?

Yes, absolutely.

What was the first story in that genre that you wrote?

Mocha, Moonlight, and Murder, book one of a seven book series. It’s considered a romantic suspense, but I think romantic/comedy with a touch of mystery is more accurate description. Books two through seven are mysteries with little to no romance, but a lot of humor.

What is your favorite part of writing in this genre?

With Mocha, Moonlight, and Murder, my favorite part to write was the dialogue between the two main characters. For the mystery element of my writing, I like giving clues, but also red herrings. I love when my readers say they thought they’d figured out who the killer was, but were wrong.


What do you find most difficult about writing in this genre?

Writing the middle of the book. Usually, the beginning and ending write themselves, but the middle—getting from A to C, always gives me grief.

Is there an author in this genre, mystery, that you admire most?

I’ve always been a fan of Agatha Christie; Hercule Poirot is my favorite literary character.

What is up next for you?

I just published my seventh book, so I’m taking a short break. After my break, I’ll start writing a new series. Sort of a spin-off, with two very beloved characters from the first series.

Do you have anything to add?

My books can be read out of order, but I don’t recommend it. Most of the characters from book one are in all the books, so they become like family.

About the Book:


Title: MOCHA, MOONLIGHT AND MURDER
Author: MaryAnn Kempher
Publisher: Independent
Pages: 248
Genre: Romance Mystery

One night, 28-year-old, Katherine O’Brian, decides to walk to an all-night diner. The only problem? It’s midnight, but Katherine lives in Reno Nevada, a city that never sleeps; she can clearly see the diner’s lights in the distance. It’s no big deal, until she passes someone’s garage where a man is loading a dead body into the trunk of his car.

And now, she’s in trouble. She outran the man that night, and while she has no idea who he is, he knows who she is. And he wants her dead.

As if attempts on her life weren’t stressful enough, Katherine has gone back to college. She’s determined to finally finish her degree, but her lab partner is driving her crazy. He’s hot, but annoying. And she’s not sure which she wants more—a night of mad, passionate sex or a new lab partner. It varies from day to day.

Will Katherine give in to her lust for her partner or will she give in to her desire to throttle him? If she’s in the ground before graduation, it won’t matter.

Not your typical romance, not your typical mystery.

ORDER YOUR COPY

Amazon → https://amzn.to/2OkHlii



No comments: