Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Twelve Years and The Book Connection is Still Going Strong



I don't talk about this a lot. I guess blogiversaries aren't a big deal. Well, they are, but they kind of slip away unnoticed in between the craziness of work, writing, and life.

Maybe I should have done something spectacular at 10 years. Looks like it will have to wait until the next milestone - 15 years of blogging. I'm sure I'll still be here. I'm hoping my schedule has calmed down a bit so I can blog more.

Truth be told, I started my first blog 14 years ago. I had just finished my writing course with Long Ridge Writers Group, and knew online exposure was important to success. Not quite ready --or knowledgeable -- when it came to creating a website, I figured I would give blogging a shot.

In 2007, Pump Up Your Book opened its virtual doors. I began hosting authors as a way to bring additional exposure to my blog (and hopefully my own writing). Within a few months, I went from blog host to virtual book tour coordinator working with Dorothy Thompson of Pump Up. That lasted for over seven years, until it became too challenging to juggle a busy real estate career and virtual book tours.

Blogging keeps me connected to the world of books and VBTs. Having published four children's books, I know how important marketing and promotion are to success. Blogging also helps me explore my creative side, which always yearns to be heard.

Thank you to all my loyal readers and the authors who have asked me to host them or review their books. It has been a fun 12 years. Let's see what the next 12 bring. 

2 comments:

fredamans said...

Happy blogoversary!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Freda!