Monday, October 1, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - Oct 1




It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

Welcome to October! The leaves are changing. The mornings are crisp. The smell of wood-burning fireplaces fills the air. This is the reason we live in New England. All four seasons--love them or hate them--are right here.

While the schedule hasn't loosened up any, I managed to clean half the house this weekend and finished two books. After I post this, I need to edit a chapter for a client and then put together real estate paperwork.

In my reading world, I polished these two off:



I'll need to fit this one in:



Then I'll start these next two:



What is going on in your reading world?

7 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

These are all new to me. They look wonderful. I hope you find time to read this week. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Aymee said...

I added The Secluded Village Murders to my list last week, it sounds really good. I've not had much reading time of late either, but this past week was a bit better for me. Hopefully this week is better for you.

My roundup!

Kathryn T said...

All new to me this week too, but such pretty covers.

pussreboots said...

We are expecting rain which is different from the usual heat wave that comes in early October. The local mountains are advertising the ski runs again. That's fall in the Bay Area. My weekly update

Cheryl said...

Thanks for visiting, ladies. Pussreboots, it's usually warmer around here in October. Not sure why it's cooled down before the end of the month. Usually, it's right around Halloween that it gets nippy. Amyee, hope you enjoy The Secluded Village Murders.

Mystica said...

Its freezing in Melbourne right now but am getting back home on Monday where it will be very very hot!
Your books are all new to me. Enjoy them all.

Nick Grave said...

Great list. I just finished a great non-fiction book called "We Can Do It: A Community Takes on the Challenge of School Desegregation" by Michael Gengler. In it, Gengler does a great job of giving great perspective on the desegregation of schools in back in the 50’s and 60's in Gainesville, Florida. It does this by showing how a community can come together to overcome so many challenges. It is a very motivating read and I think is good for relating to communities dealing with challenges of today. I found the author's writing to be very informative and detailed. The author's website is www.michaelgengler.com and the book has a page as well: www.wecandoitbook.com.