Monday, July 2, 2018

Musing Monday - July 2


Musing Monday is hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker It is a weekly meme that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:

I’m currently reading…
Up next I think I’ll read…
I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
I can’t wait to get a copy of…
I wish I could read ___, but…
I blogged about ____ this past week…

THIS WEEK'S RANDOM QUESTION: How do you feel about book of the month type clubs/groups?

Happy Monday! I'm participating in Musing Monday this week as I sit in the beach house on the Outer Banks. It's actually hotter in Massachusetts right now than it is here, but it's still almost hot enough to fry an egg on the pavement.

This time of year I try to catch up on overdue book reviews. I didn't read in the car on the way down, but I've finished two books since we got here and started a third.

As for this week's question, I haven't participated much in book of the month clubs/groups. Mainly because I want to be in control of what I read and when. In addition, I tried an online one with family once and my time was so limited I never even got a chance to read the book. I'm not opposed to trying again, but it would have to be a club/group where there is flexibility of reading choices.

How about you? Are you a member of any book clubs/groups?


No comments: