Monday, July 16, 2018

Musing Monday - July 16


Musing Monday is hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker It is a weekly meme that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:

I’m currently reading…
Up next I think I’ll read…
I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
I can’t wait to get a copy of…
I wish I could read ___, but…
I blogged about ____ this past week…

THIS WEEK'S RANDOM QUESTION: Do you ever get teased or looked at oddly for reading?

We are back to Monday and back to life in Massachusetts. We arrived home Saturday. As grateful as I am to spend time on vacation, it is always wonderful to be back to the normalcy of home. My work schedule started yesterday with an open house, but today is the first full day back to the regular grind.

As you can tell by the reviews I posted over the last two weeks, some reading got done while we were away. Thank goodness. If I am good and don't request too many new books to review, I might even make a dent in that TBR pile.

This week's question is an interesting one. I've never really thought about it. I'm probably like most bookworms--it's rare I don't have a book in my bag when I go anywhere. I've even learned to listen to books since I am on the road a lot these days. The one thing that comes to mind, though, is the strange look that comes my way when I say I don't watch television because I prefer to read. From time to time I'll find something I want to watch, but other than Downton Abbey, Cedar Cove, and Mercy Street, which are all off the air now, I don't turn the TV on except for the Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas.

Do you watch TV? What are some of your favorite shows? Do you prefer to read or watch TV?

No comments: