Monday, June 25, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - June 25




It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

Welcome back to Monday. It's my favorite Monday of the year--the one right before we leave on vacation. It's going to be hectic, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Pet sitters and house sitters are all set, so packing and getting ready--in between working--is what's on tap this week.

I'm finishing up this book due for review tomorrow.


Also occasionally dabbling in this one...


I really wanted to like it more, but it's just been okay for me. 

Not sure what I'll read on the drive down to North Carolina. Maybe I'll start this one first...


What are you reading now? Is there something I should be adding to my wish list? 

8 comments:

westmetromommy said...

Wow, I hadn't heard about that Little House memoir, but I'm not sure Ms. Beadle's side of things would be that enthralling. Have you read Alison Arngrim's memoir? It's one of the most fascinating celebrity memoirs I've come across.

Kathryn T said...

Oh do hope your holiday is restful and a lot of pleasure as well once all the planning to get away has been done. Enjoy your next book - I hope!

Cheryl said...

Alison's is my favorite out of all the cast memoirs. I've read Melissa Gilbert's and Melisa Sue Anderson's. I own Missy Francis' memoir but haven't read it yet. I read her book Lessons from the Prairie, but I would have preferred someone else narrate it. She sounded like a reporter.

Thanks, Kathryn. I need to get a lot done, but hopefully it will all come together.

Kathy Martin said...

Have a great holiday! I don't do memoirs but find it interesting that so many of the cast of Little House on the Prairie have written theirs. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Becky said...

I loved The Captured Bride! Have a wonderful vacation!

Girl Who Reads said...

Did you hear about Laura Ingalls Wilder's name being removed from the children's book award? I have a LIW biography in my TBR pile that I'm even more anxious to get to now.

pussreboots said...

We're heading on a trip in the middle of July. Enjoy your trip. My weekly updates

Cheryl said...

Kathy, I don't recall if Alison's or Melissa Gilbert's came out first, but then they really started happening. I hear Karen Grassle is considering one as well.

Donna, I heard about that. How silly. We can't erase history. We must learn from it.

Becky, glad you enjoyed The Captured Bride. I liked the first two books in the series, so I have high hopes for this one.

Hope you enjoy your vacation, pussreboots.

Thanks to everyone who paid me a visit today. I love to hear from you.