Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Another Blog Bites the Dust


Will now cry a few tears because The Broke and the Bookish, who sponsored one of my favorite memes--Top Ten Tuesday, is closing its doors on January 16. Luckily, one of its writers will take over Top Ten Tuesday at That Artsy Reader Girl.

First, let me say that I applaud all my fellow bloggers out there who work hard to provide fresh and interesting content for their readers. Blogging is a lot of fun, but it's also a ton of work--especially if you are reviewing any type of product or service. It takes commitment. It takes stamina. Sometimes you don't get much sleep.

In July of 2018 I'll be celebrating eleven years of blogging here at The Book Connection and nine years at The Children's and Teens' Book Connection. That seems so unreal to me. What was born out of my need to draw attention to my writing and the desire to express my creativity has put me in touch with so many wonderful people within the publishing industry. It even led to the seven plus years I worked at Pump Up Your Book. I am truly blessed.

Here's wishing the best to all the bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish. Maybe we will see you back before too long. Good luck to Jana as she takes over Top Ten Tuesday. Looking forward to all her ideas. To all you bloggers out there---you rock!

No comments: