Thursday, September 7, 2017

Interview with Owen Sypher, Author of The Song of Solomon Revealed


Owen L. Sypher is a devoted servant of the Lord. At eleven years old, he started a spiritual journey to discover and understand God and his word. In 1979, he received the baptism of the Holy Ghost. Since then, he has had fellowships with the same group. Song of Solomon is his first book.
You can visit his website at http://www.sypherbooks.com.   

Where did you grow up?

I grew up in the wonderful city of Nampa Idaho.

When did you begin writing?

I started writing seriously about 3 years ago, before that it was just notes and things like that.

What is this book about?

This book is about the Love relationship between Jesus and his bride. The bride is the 144,000 people found in Revelations 14:1-5.

What inspired you to write it?

I felt inspired of God to do some lessons on the subject of the Song of Solomon for our local church services. One person told me they wanted to only hear things that was preached from a former pastor who had passed on so I wasn’t going to teach it anymore but I felt like God had given me so much understanding on this book that I wanted to record this information for myself in case I wanted to use it in the future.

There was so much information that I started to joke about how it was becoming a small book and after a couple of months I decide why not make a book with this information.

How is it similar to other books in its genre? How is it different?

I am not sure how it is similar to other books except that it is based on the Bible.

How is it different?

For one thing I wrote it like I would like to read a book. I put the whole chapter in first and then I used whole verses to explain what I was talking about. I hate it when I read a book and they used just a piece of the scripture and then you have to find a Bible to get the context of what is being said.
The second thing is I approached this more from a spiritual aspect instead of a natural aspect.
The third thing is that I explain the meaning of this book by using the scriptures to explain types and shadows and spiritual applications.

What is the most important thing readers can learn from your book?

This is a very good question. I think the most important thing a person can take away from my book is that not only is Jesus going to have a bride but we can learn some of the things we need to know in order to qualify to be a part of that bride, and that God will also help us with the supplying of those things that we need to qualify.

Where can readers purchase a copy?

What is up next for you?

Next I am thinking about writing a book about the wisdom of Solomon which will be dealing with the books of Ecclesiastes, Proverbs, and some of the Song of Solomon. I have also thought about writing a book on explaining what the bride is and what scriptures we use to show the bride.

Is there anything you would like to add?

I believe this is a very good book and will inspire the reader to seek more of God and his word and hopefully would cause them to have a desire to be a part of Jesus bride.




No comments: