Monday, August 28, 2017

Musing Monday - Aug 28


Musing Monday is hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker It is a weekly meme that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:

I’m currently reading…
Up next I think I’ll read…
I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
I can’t wait to get a copy of…
I wish I could read ___, but…
I blogged about ____ this past week…

THIS WEEK'S RANDOM QUESTION:   Not sure yet. Not posted.

I looked at both my blogs this weekend and saw I hadn't participated in Musing Monday or Mailbox Monday since July 31. I am a bad little blogger.

I'm just about done with The Competition by Donna Russo Morin, the second book in her Da Vinci's Disciples series. I'll post my review soon. Also coming is my review of Poetry and Ponderings by Diamante Lavendar--which is horribly overdue.

Here are answers to the Musing Monday questions I missed while off selling houses, playing wife and mom, and moving my father-in-law into assisted living.


From 8/21: Do you steer away from heavy emotional books?

Heck no! I love emotional books. Getting to know characters and watching them thrive against everything life throws their way is awesome. That said, I will occasionally reach for a lighter read to give my emotions a break.

From 8/14: What are your feelings on YA? Do you think it is just for young adults or do you think it’s cool full grown adults like it too.

I've read a fair amount of YA and I am 49. I didn't even like the Little House books until I was in my 20s, so there was no way I was appreciating Harry Potter until after the age of 45. One of the main reasons I enjoy this genre so much is that it keeps me in touch with my children. It lets me know what's popular and what they might be reading.

From 8/7: Do you ever wish you could go back and fall in love with reading all over again?

Not really, because once I discovered my love for reading it never got old. I love reading just as much as when I was younger...if not more.

That's it for me today. Hope you have a great week.



No comments: