Monday, November 21, 2016

Musing Mondays - Nov 21




Musing Mondays is a weekly meme now hosted at Jenn's blog Books And A Beat that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:
  • I’m currently reading…
  • Up next I think I’ll read…
  • I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
  • I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I can’t wait to get a copy of…
  • I wish I could read ___, but…
  • I blogged about ____ this past week…

Happy Monday! Can't believe it is almost Thanksgiving. There's a lot going on around here.



Copies of my latest book, Macaroni and Cheese for Thanksgiving arrived via UPS. The book is currently available at:





If you would like a free review copy, please visit my virtual book tour page at http://www.pumpupyourbook.com/2016/11/11/pump-up-your-book-presents-macaroni-and-cheese-for-thanksgiving-virtual-book-publicity-tour/ where you can leave a message for Dorothy, or you can feel free to leave a comment with your email address on this post and I'll forward it to her. 

Thanksgiving is at our place again this year, so I'm working to get the house ready for guests. This week we are also preparing for Living Gate Community Church's Annual Christmas Bazaar and Tag Sale. This event takes place on Saturday, November 26 and features a bake sale, raffle prizes, gift items, a large tag sale, and a great lunch for a small fee. We are located at 151 Taylor Street in Granby, MA. Doors open at 9 am if you would like to stop by.


THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: Are there any particular worlds in books in which you’d like to live?

This is such an interesting question. There are places I would like to visit: Colonial America, post-Civil War America (Reconstruction Era), Anne Shirley's Prince Edward Island, and modern day France or England. Have to admit, though, that I wouldn't want to live anywhere in any other time period than where I do now. 

How about you? Any place you would be willing to plant roots out of places you've read about?

Hope everyone has a great week. 

4 comments:

Breana M. said...

Great post! I don't think I would actually want to live in any of the fictional worlds I've read about, mainly because a lot of them are terrible.

Kwizgiver said...

I think I would like living in a rom-com world. Or the wizarding world of Harry Potter.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Good answer....although, now that you mention it, Anne Shirley's world always fascinated me when I was a child.

Here's MY MUSING MONDAYS POST

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Thanks for the comments, ladies. Fictional worlds are fun to play in, not sure if they are livable long-term.

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.