Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Book Review: The Journal Project by Susan Lerner



Have you ever struggled to recall a funny family story? Have you ever lost a loved one and thought: I wish I could talk to him one last time. There is so much I would askThe Journal Project: Capturing the Magic of Family Life Through Stories by Susan Lerner might just be the encouragement you need to get started.

In this booklet, Lerner shares the benefits of writing down ordinary life events, how stories differ from photos and videos, the writing process and more. The reality is that we all probably wish we captured more memories of our children growing up, our loved ones before they passed, and even thoughts about ourselves. If you've been contemplating starting a journal or have a family member or friend wishing to start one, The Journal Project will help put things in motion.

What I really enjoy about this book is that it provides a good amount of information, but is easily read in one sitting. I've put it on the reference shelf in my office to refer to later because there are some neat resources at the end of the book.

Paperback: 40 pages
Publisher: on the edge books (October 4, 2016)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0975285394
ISBN-13: 978-0975285398

I received a copy of this book from the author. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.

I read this book for the following challenge:


1 comment:

fredamans said...

Sounds like a great lesson for people who want to journal their personal stories.