Monday, October 6, 2014
Musing Mondays - October 6
Musing Mondays is a weekly meme from MizB at Should Be Reading. It asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
As a reader, I enjoy the fact that there are so many bargain books these days. As an author, however, it bugs me that we have gotten to the point where FREE books and books for under $5 are the norm. It's even changed my way of thinking as a reader. I might be willing to pay 99 cents for a book by an unknown author now, when I wouldn't have thought twice about purchasing a paperback by an unknown author for $7 years ago.
Have your book purchasing habits changed since eBooks and FREE books have become available?