Monday, October 13, 2014
Musing Mondays - October 13
Musing Mondays is a weekly meme from MizB at Should Be Reading. It asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
I've noticed as I blog and participate in memes that my preferred genres don't always match those of the majority of the participants. I don't mind, though, because it exposes me to books that wouldn't usually be on my radar and I often add them to my Amazon Wish List or GoodReads Want to Read list to check out later. This topic made me think about my favorite and not so favorite genres.
Favorites: historical fiction, mystery (any sub-genre, but I am partial to cozies), romantic suspense, and inspirational fiction.
Genres I read, but not my first choice: dystopian fiction, horror, and paranormal.
Not so favorites: fantasy and science-fiction.
Non-fiction favorites: true crime, biographies, politics, and Christian living.
What are some of your favorite and not so favorite genres.