Monday, September 1, 2014
Musing Mondays - September 1
Musing Mondays is a weekly meme from MizB at Should Be Reading. It asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
Happy Labor Day, everyone! Today's musing is a question. Is it possible to have too many books? Giveaways and free Kindle books have me so stocked up with books that if I read every day for the next five years I probably couldn't get through a third of them. Have you ever just shut off entering giveaways or looking at sites that promote free eBooks? I rarely enter giveaways these days. It has to be for a book I must have right away--which makes no sense because it will probably be a while before I read it anyway. How about you? Are you still entering giveaways? And if so, do you enter as many as you used to? How about e-Books? Have you reduced the number of freebies you purchase?
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Hope you have a great day.