Monday, August 11, 2014

Musing Mondays - August 11



Musing Mondays is a weekly meme from MizB at Should Be Reading. It asks you to muse about one of the following each week…

• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!

My Musing:

What is your favorite go-to genre? If you could read at your leisure (maybe you already do) and not worry about a review schedule, what would be the first genre you would reach for?

My choice would be historical fiction. I enjoy so many historical novels; and now that I am expanding the time period I read about, my selection of books is increasing too. Right now, I am reading Miracle in a Dry Season by Sarah Loudin Thomas. I haven't gotten very far, but hopefully I'll get some reading done soon.

6 comments:

Cleopatra Loves Books said...

I love historical fiction too although I don't read anywhere near as much as I used to, but my favourite genre is psychological mysteries as I'm incredibly nosy.

Anonymous said...

I haven't read much historical fiction lately, but I do have one on my TBR list--Mary: Mrs. A. Lincoln by Janis Cooke Newman. It's a novel written from the point of view of Mary Todd Lincoln, and it's gotten wonderful reviews. It's nearly 600 pages, so I'm waiting for a time when I can really sink into it.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for visiting. I love psychological thrillers, Cleo. I bet we would enjoy many of the same books.

Mary: Mrs. A. Lincoln by Janis Cooke Newman is on my wish list, bookmammal. The length is the reason I haven't purchased it yet. I definitely need to make time for that one.

Anonymous said...

Historical Fiction is great! My go-to is YA books. I love how quickly the story flows (for me) and I just can't get enough!!

Here is my musing: http://eatupmyfreetime.wordpress.com/2014/08/11/musing-mondays-aug-11/

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

Another historical genre fan here - and liking the sound of Loudin's newest as well.. enjoy!

My musings HERE

Cyn @ Bookmunchies said...

I really enjoy historical fiction, though it's more so in the YA side, rather than adult lit historical fiction. I love historical romances too, haha.
I'd say my go to is sci-fi/fantasty!