Musing Mondays is a weekly meme from MizB at Should Be Reading. It asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
What is your favorite go-to genre? If you could read at your leisure (maybe you already do) and not worry about a review schedule, what would be the first genre you would reach for?
My choice would be historical fiction. I enjoy so many historical novels; and now that I am expanding the time period I read about, my selection of books is increasing too. Right now, I am reading Miracle in a Dry Season by Sarah Loudin Thomas. I haven't gotten very far, but hopefully I'll get some reading done soon.