Monday, July 14, 2014

Musing Mondays - July 14



Musing Mondays is a weekly meme from MizB at Should Be Reading. It asks you to muse about one of the following each week…

• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!

My Musing:

I was wondering which you prefer taking on vacation: printed or digital. I usually bring both of my Kindles, but also pack a bunch of printed books. This year, I only read my printed ones: A Nation Under Judgment, The Torchlighters Biography Series: Corrie Ten Boom, Buffy and the Heroine's Journey, and When Shmack Happens.

I think the next book I'm going to read is a digital one, but pretty much I never even cracked open my Kindle and I used my Kindle Fire only to play games while on vacation.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I have a Monday Musings post on this:

http://readinggoodbooks.wordpress.com/2014/04/22/musing-mondays-in-flight-entertainment/

But I ended up not reading that much on that trip. :\

Cleopatra Loves Books said...

Thanks for visiting my MM http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/07/14/musing-mondays-july-14/ where my discussion was about holiday reading too. I have to say I love my kindle but there is something more satisfying about reading a physical book.

Anonymous said...

I always favor a physical book--EXCEPT when I'm traveling! I hate to lug around heavy bags, luggage, etc, so I'll load up my kindle before a trip. It's one of the main advantages that ebooks have for me. Otherwise, I'll always pick a "real" book!

Anonymous said...

I take real books on a road trip but I lean towards my ereader on a flight. It's just so much lighter, particularly on a longer holiday where you might read multiple books.

My musing: http://wp.me/p42heP-ea

Anonymous said...

I would probably just take my ereader. Although on my last trip I did take one smallish print book. Here's my MM: http://daystarz.wordpress.com/2014/07/14/musing-mondays-19/