Monday, April 14, 2014
Musing Mondays - April 14
This is a weekly meme run by Miz B of Should be Reading.
Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
Just polished off the latest Rocky Buff P.D. novel by F.M. Meredith. I love these books and they are all quick reads. I polished this one off in less than twenty-four hours. That doesn't mean it was short on content. It amazes me how much Meredith can pack into one 176-page book. Murder, a serial rapist, several developments in the personal lives of the members of the Rocky Bluff Police Department, and a few surprises make this an awesome read.
Gordon Butler, my favorite character in the series, has been one of those guys who if he didn't have bad luck wouldn't have any luck at all. Maybe things are changing for him. At least I can hope. Most of the members of the Rocky Bluff PD are familiar names, but there was a new introduction, in addition to the numerous townsfolk unique to the crimes.
Look for my review on April 28.