Monday, March 10, 2014
Musing Mondays - March 10
This is a weekly meme run by Miz B of Should be Reading.
Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
Are you ever embarrassed to read certain books in public? While electronic devices have helped with this issue, are there ever books you simply wouldn't want people to know you're reading? And if the answer is yes, do you review those books on your blog?
I'm known to take a book almost everywhere we go. There are so many books I'm eager to read that I don't want to waste time waiting in the doctor's office or during my daughter's soccer practice by not having a book with me. I still have tons of printed books here, so that means my reading choices are open to scrutiny by others.
While I don't read a ton of them, I have been known to enjoy a blood-pumping, steamy romance novel. At the other end of the spectrum, I read many children's books since that's the market in which I write. Since romance novels are usually my late night reads, I'm not worried there; but I do wonder what people think when they see me reading children's books to myself. I review almost everything I read at my blogs.
So what about you? Anything you're embarrassed to be seen reading? Is there a certain person or persons you wouldn't want to know what you're reading? Do those embarrassing books end up on your blog?