Monday, February 24, 2014

Musing Mondays - 3 Books (February 24)


Musing Mondays , today, asks you to play along with the 3 BOOKS fun!
The questions… and my answers!



3 BOOKS THAT HAVE IMPACTED YOU

1. Beyond Me: Living A You-First Life in a Me-First World by Kathi Macias
2. Birthing the Elephant: The Woman's Go-For-It! Guide to Overcoming the Big Challenges of Launching a Business by Karin Abarbanel and Bruce Freeman
3. You Are More Than Enough: Every Woman's Guide to Purpose, Passion and Power by Judi Moreo

3 BOOKS CURRENTLY ON YOUR WISHLIST

1. The Medea Complex by Rachel Florence Roberts
2. Revolutionary by Alex Myers
3. Blood on the Moon: The Assassination of Abraham Lincoln by Edward Steers Jr.

3 BOOKS YOU’VE PURCHASED IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS

1. Reconstruction: America's Unfinished Revolution 1863 - 1877 by Eric Foner
2. Pearls and Poison (A Consignment Shop Mystery) by Duffy Brown (pre-ordered)
3. Manor of Secrets by Katherine Longshore

3 BOOKS YOU CAN’T HELP BUT RECOMMEND TO OTHERS

1. The Stand by Stephen King
2. Killer Angels: The Classic Novel of the Civil War by Michael Shaara
3. Murder by Syllabub by Kathleen Delaney

3 BOOKS WITH AMAZING COVERS

1. Return to Tradd Street by Karen White
2. The Tudor Secret by C.W. Gortner
3. Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker: A Novel by Jennifer Chiaverini

10 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

The only two books I've read on your list are...
"Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker" and
"Pearls and Poison", You can read my review here...
http://gigianns.blogspot.com/2014/02/pearls-and-poison_14.html

Thanks for visiting my Reading Corner and have a nice week.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Good morning! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I see a number of really interesting books on your list -- going after Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker today!

Lesley Miles said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. You've got some very interesting books on your list.

Valentina Cano said...

The Stand is awesome!

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2014/02/musing-mondays_24.html

cleopatralovesbooks said...

The Medea Complex is a really original read. Have a great reading week :-)

JC Jones said...

Nice list. Even though I did not do one I am enjoying those of you who did.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for visiting today. I love comments!

Gigi Ann, funny thing about Pearls and Poison is I had pre-ordered it and then Duffy sent me a copy. I honestly forgot she had. Can't wait to read it.

Boyett-Brinkley, Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker sounds fabulous. I really want to get to that one, too; especially after reading Jerome Charyn's book, I Am Abraham, where Keckley plays a significant role.

Hope everyone has a great week. Thanks again for stopping by.

Jenny Quinlan said...

Great choices . Thank you for stopping by and commenting .

Cate said...

Thanks for dropping by!

Those book covers are lovely. "The Stand" is one of my all-time faves!

~ Cate @ Reading Good Books

faceparts said...

I haven't read a lot these so I'm really excited to add some of them to my list!