Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Total Books Read Across All Genres and 2014 Blog Goals



So, what did my reading year look like? You already know my favorites, which I talked about here. This year, I read 115 books across all genres (including children's and young adult). That's only 16 fewer than last year, so considering how busy I was, that's not bad.

So, what does 2014 look like? As I already mentioned, I won't be participating in as many virtual book tours this year. Honestly, I don't feel that's a bad thing--for me or my readers. I hope you feel that way too. I have a couple final VBT reviews scheduled for January and one for February. While I might take on new books, my focus must be on all those books in my mammoth TBR pile. Right now, my spreadsheet reflects 288 books--and that doesn't even count all the Kindle freebies I've downloaded over the past year. Luckily, only a dozen of those paperbacks and 50 digital books are ones I agreed to review for authors/publicists.

In addition to catching up and giving myself some breathing room, I plan to continue with Top Ten Tuesday created by The Broke and The Bookish when I can. I also hope to participate in Musing Mondays and W...W...W...Wednesdays, which were created by MizB at Should Be Reading.

One final project is dedicating a tiny bit more time to my other blogs that have branched off of this one:

The Children's and Teens' Book Connection : http://childrensandteensbookconnection.wordpress.com/

A Little Bit of Spice: http://spicyromanceconnection.blogspot.com/

Cheryl's Christian Book Connection: http://cherylschristianbookconnection.blogspot.com/

Books Can Be Deadly: http://bookscanbedeadly.blogspot.com/

I'm in the process of populating Books Can Be Deadly with some of the older posts from here. Then I will be featuring crime fiction, mysteries, thrillers, suspense novels, and true crime books at that blog.

Thanks for your loyal support through the years. It is greatly appreciated.

Happy New Year!


No comments: