Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books On My Winter TBR


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of the bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

This week I'm sharing the Top Ten Books On My Winter TBR. Most of these are determined by my review schedule, but that should be winding down as I back off of virtual book tours and review requests and start working my way through the books I already have in my office.


I'm reviewing this book right before Christmas. I'm always interested in ways I can earn money from my writing.


This book's focus is The Great Commission given to Jesus for us to make disciples over all the earth. Thy Will Be Done is a Christian living title that shows us how to apply our faith to daily living.


Closet Words is a unique devotional by Kim Hilton. It includes copies of handwritten journal pages, which makes it more relatable and personal. The book also includes a Reflections and Study Guide.

Here's the synopsis of this one: On the night of April 14th 1865 President Abraham Lincoln attended a performance at The Ford Theatre, in Washington. A single shot fired by John Wilkes Booth hit the President in the back of the head. He slumped to the floor, and died a few hours later without regaining consciousness. Was Booth a lone assassin? Or was he part of a wider conspiracy? A plot hatched by his own generals to replace Lincoln with General Ulysses S. Grant.

As you know, I love Civil War novels, so I'm looking forward to reviewing this one on January 18th.



Books on entrepreneurism often inspire me. I'm hoping this one will too.



Combine one of my favorite authors with a fascinating president during a time period I am extremely interested in and you know I plan to read that book.



I've enjoyed Frankel's books about Katniss Everdeen and The Hunger Games books, so I requested to read Buffy and the Heroine's Journey. I was a fan of the show when it first aired and also enjoyed its spin-off, Angel. 


I never thought I would ever say this, but I would love to lose a few pounds. More than that, however, I want to get back into shape. I requested this book from the Amazon VINE program. We'll see what it's all about.



I picked up a copy of Pursuing the Christ by Jennifer Kennedy Dean for only $4.99 from Christianbook.com . I'm hoping to squeeze it in one of these weekends.



This book is written by one of our local school teachers. We met up at a writers conference and I purchased a copy there. I plan to review it as soon as I have the time.

As you can see, my reading is fairly eclectic. There's not a lot I won't read, but I definitely have my favorite genres.

What are you looking forward to reading this winter?

2 comments:

Brandy said...

I love the looks of both those Lincoln books.

Unknown said...

Wow, such a great mix of reads on your list! I think I will be in need of the flat belly book once the festivities are over. Thanks for stopping by :-)