Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Book Review: Natural Treatment Solutions for Hyperthyroidism and Graves' Disease by Eric M. Osansky, D.C.

An informative and insightful title that offers natural treatment solutions for Hyperthyroidism and Graves' Disease.

After being diagnosed with Graves' Disease, chiropractic physician Eric M. Osansky explored natural treatment options for his condition. His successful treatment led him to want to help others explore the options available to them outside of traditional methods.

A few years ago, my sister was diagnosed with Graves' Disease. I had never heard of it before, but when she told me she was seeing a naturopathic physician, I became intrigued over why she would seek this type of doctor over a more traditional physician. I have to admit, I don't know a tremendous amount of information about holistic and naturopathic doctors. I do, however, believe in the impact of diet and exercise on  overall health.

 Natural Treatment Solutions for Hyperthyroidism and Graves' Disease provides information on why natural treatment methods should be given a chance before resorting to radioactive iodine and synthetic hormone replacement. Using his own experience and examples from his own practice, Osansky makes a compelling case for starting with natural treatments in the hope patients can avoid treatments that simply lessen the symptoms but do nothing to get to the root cause of the ailment.

This isn't a book to help you understand Hyperthyroidism and Graves' Disease as much as it is one that shares the author's philosophy of natural treatments and testing to discover the cause of the condition. I came away with a determination to reconsider how I approach my overall wellness and a desire to seek more information on lifestyle changes I can make to improve my health and well being. My original intention was to pass this book along to my sister, but I don't think she will get much out of it, since it's truly more geared toward a person considering treatment options than a person who has already decided to use natural methods.

If you or someone you know has been diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism or Graves' Disease, this book will help enlighten why they would want to consider natural treatment solutions. The author provides additional information on his website: http://gravesdiseasebook.com/

Paperback: 262 pages
Publisher: Natural Endocrine Solutions (July 13, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 061548493X
ISBN-13: 978-0615484938

I received a copy of this book from the author. This review contains my honest opinion, which I have not been compensated for in any way.

This is the 8th book I've read for the following challenge:


No comments: